Active scanning AV... Is it still a necessity?

And I have already posted and told you why I don't like it. You aren't telling me anything I don 't already know because I have used Avira before. BTW, free Avira doesn't even include web browser protection so why are you guys telling me to use that when you claim I need web browser protection? Both AVG and Avast have web browser protection in their free versions.

Your posts get more ridiculous as the thread goes on. If I didn't know better, I'd think you were purposely pulling this stuff out of your ass to be funny. Clueless doesn't even begin to describe them.

How so? If I am using my PC for activities that don't require an internet connection tell me one good reason I should leave the connection active. You do know you can set up XP and Vista to disco/connect to the internet in a matter of seconds right? Gee, now why would Microsoft include that functionality just for the hell of it? Even Linux provides that option for some dumbfounded reason that escapes me. :rolleyes:

Seems to me you hate people anyway so that would be a great place for you to hang out and get all this hate off your chest. :p

No, I just hate stupid fucking people, hence this reply to you, specifically. :)

hah,

my personal favorite program of all time.

Antivirus 2009....

yup thats some good software right there...

:p
(this post is slightly inside ball, for those of you not so technically inclined, don't google it, dont download it, and for the love of god dont run it).

edit: Actually I have a better one, I had a guy who had his computer infected with some small time trogran... get this, win XP, it popped up with a fake windows security center that said the only way to remove the virus was to call a 1-900 phone sex number.

Best fucking virus ever.

Great to see I am so popular and I am fairly new here too. But the joke is on you because I only said that because I knew it would wind you all up, and it has. Not only are gaming PCs my forte' I am also a master of the wind up. :p

This'll be fun :D

my personal favorite program of all time.

Antivirus 2009....
Oh I've had a grand ol' time with that particular software. First time I've ever seen 1200 files infected on a single PC in one AV scan. :eek:

Back