Active Directory Schema Replication

Gibson

Weaksauce
When one creates a new attribute for a class in the active directory schema how do you set it active in the template for the creation of an object?

Example...Say I added a attribute called EmpType under the User class. This thing would say whether the dude was a temp, a supervisor, a lackey, a corporate guy or whatever. I make the new attribute and integrate it into the user class. However I wait the 5 minutes for the Schema to replicate and I got to create a new user and it doesn't show up anywhere. I can't figure it out it's not under the Schema add-in :confused:

Help???

Are you talking about not seeing it on the actual Schema Master, or on another DC? Did you try and manually force replication?

Well here's the problem. Using FSO I enable schema write-ability. Then I change it on the NOW Schema master and I add a attribute to the user class. Now how do I set values to the attributes in new objects? I need to add an "Employee Type" field to users.

Schema changes are not reflected in the "Active Directory Users and Computers" interface. If you want to be able to view/edit the new attributes, you will have to either use ADSI or 3rd party software...

Back