Active Directory Privilege Access Request.... odd email.

athlon1.2

Supreme [H]ardness
I got an odd email today has anyone seen this before?

Subject: Privilege Access Request

A new Active Directory Privilege Access Request has been submitted for you.

You must accept the risk associated with this access before it can be processed. Using the link below to access your request, click the “Edit”
option at the top of the form to be prompted to sign in to the system. You will sign in to the system with your Intranet Logon ID and password. Once you are signed on to the site you will be brought back to your form, scroll to the bottom of the form and click the “Accept Risk?” button.

The application manager will be requested to accept or decline your request.----->
http:// something . wachovia.com/.........................................

NOTE: Please disable any popup-blocking software in order to use this system.

This message has been sent by an automated production database system.
PLEASE DO NOT REPLY DIRECTLY TO THIS ADDRESS. The above address is for outgoing email only.

What is an "Active Directory Privilege Access Request" ?

I dunno, I'd contact Wachovia about this. If this does come from them, then it's likely an internal email that somehow escaped into the wild ( although I didn't get it, so it's not on a large scale or anything ).

More likely phishing.

Phishing. Delete it. Financial institutions NEVER send stuff like this out.

Turns out it's valid. It's their way of giving out admin accounts. Only problem I can't load the URL I probably have to be on their network.

Someone lock this thread.

I am not a Wachovia employee but I am working with them on a IT project. I figured at first it might be a generic Active Directory message.

Back