Active Directory, Home Network

Enlitence.Systems

Limp Gawd
Any benefits to having this on a home network? I had it for awhile just to learn the software but uninstalled after realizing the pointlessness. Any specific benefits that might be useful to a home user? I'm pretty much the only person on my network.

no, not really. only thing I use at home is a file server and you definitely do not need an AD for that.

If you want to run exchange for you're email, then you'd need it...

Most people, the answer is no.

I use it, but thats just cause i work with it everyday and workgroups are stupid lol

I use it for my lab, but that is about it. No real need for me to have it at home.

I'd use it at home if I had another server to throw it on. Not because I have to, but because i work with it day in and day out; it would give me a good testing ground to muck with.

I'd use it at home if I had another server to throw it on. Not because I have to, but because i work with it day in and day out; it would give me a good testing ground to muck with.

Yep same here. Have a dedicated AD server I mess around with and only reason I have my home computer joined to it, so I can use the remote management tools. I then use a VM on my desktop to actually do the testing such as roaming profile changes, software deployments, etc.

Back