active desktop background

Vulcanworlds

Limp Gawd
ok is there any type of program or something that i can run that could have like an active or moving background? what im imagining is like a beach scene with crashing waves. hell it oculd be a repeated clip as long as it wasnt to obvious. what i'd really want it to be is like from age of empires 3 (the water and trees!!) or maybe half life 2 lost coast.

i am currently running windowsblinds (full) so if anyone know of other cool stuff for it that would be greatly appricieated.

if you can make it a flash animation theres a way to make it a background

google it and there will be a plethora of programs that you can do it with, but i can't seem to find the simple no 3rd party SW way...

Without third part software...

Get a really high resolution animated GIF file. And embed it as a webpage for your background....

Would probably eat shittons of memory though.

E17 has animated background support, and it's pretty damn slick. Though I'm guessing you wouldn't want to switch over to linux just for animated backgrounds. :D

hehe. im not really in the position to switch to linux but if i did i'd want togo to the 64bit of fedora core 4. but im a lunix noob.

hmm so are there ways to make these high res. gif's and flash animations. i will google.

is there anything for windowsblinds that i could maybe do/use?

Back