activating multiple copys of vista with one key

thecomputeraddict

Limp Gawd
So I download windows vista home premium and I used my moms activation key to activate it. Is activing multiple copys with one key aloud?

So I download windows vista home premium and I used my moms activation key to activate it. Is activing multiple copys with one key aloud?

The short answer is no. You are supposed to have one key per license/copy/install. You can use any Vista x64 or 32bit media, but you are only allowed one installation per activation key.

The short answer is no. You are supposed to have one key per license/copy/install. You can use any Vista x64 or 32bit media, but you are only allowed one installation per activation key.

But when I activated it, It said the key was genuine. And I checked the laptop, nothing happened. Will it still work or will it quit working all of a sudden?

(18) You will not discuss, suggest, engage, or encourage any ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES. Links provided to locations that deal with any such activity are also expressly forbidden.

Read the rules plz.

What is mom gonna do to you when she calls MS to get her PC reactivated, and figures out your warez activities is what caused her PC to become deactivated in the first place?

Depends on how well cracked your pirated copy of Vista is. That will decide how long b4 one of you will fail validation. Uninstall, or just use the 30 day trial. Install Vista and skip inserting a key when it asks. Or go legit. Vista is good, but not so good you need to steal it.

That would prolly be the best option.
But you can install Vista from legit media, and try it for 30 days by just not inserting a key when it asks for it. That is a legit way to try it out on your rig b4 buying, or deciding not to buy.

That would prolly be the best option.
But you can install Vista from legit media, and try it for 30 days by just not inserting a key when it asks for it. That is a legit way to try it out on your rig b4 buying, or deciding not to buy.

Well, before I called around to a few computer shops and asked about installing vista. They said they could install it for free as long as I had a key. I told them it was already in use on my mom's laptop but they said they could still install it. But I probably will end up buying it. Within a week.

Well, before I called around to a few computer shops and asked about installing vista. They said they could install it for free as long as I had a key. I told them it was already in use on my mom's laptop but they said they could still install it. But I probably will end up buying it. Within a week.

Those stores could be guilty of piracy then if they offered to install it even when the key is already in use. Yes, you could physically "install" the operating system, but it would not be legal. I'd advise avoiding those shops in the future.

Just got back from bestbuy. I told my mom about this and she decided to go and get me a legit copy of windows vista home premium. I just have to pay her back in full when I get the money.

(18) You will not discuss, suggest, engage, or encourage any ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES. Links provided to locations that deal with any such activity are also expressly forbidden.

Read the rules plz.

What is mom gonna do to you when she calls MS to get her PC reactivated, and figures out your warez activities is what caused her PC to become deactivated in the first place?

Depends on how well cracked your pirated copy of Vista is. That will decide how long b4 one of you will fail validation. Uninstall, or just use the 30 day trial. Install Vista and skip inserting a key when it asks. Or go legit. Vista is good, but not so good you need to steal it.

Like M$ cant afford this to happen...Personally I wish everyone would do it...Since the little mom and pop stores get no help from M$...So crack away..

Like M$ cant afford this to happen...Personally I wish everyone would do it...Since the little mom and pop stores get no help from M$...So crack away..

What bullshit is this? You wish everyone would steal software? I have to say that is the most retarded thing I have ever heard. Stealing is NEVER right.

Like Honda can't afford for their cars to be stolen off the lots, I mean they make millions, I wish everyone stole their cars..

Back