Acronis TrueImage >> Norton Ghost

DasFox

Limp Gawd
Between using Acronis TrueImage or Norton Ghost when making a backup for a gaming box with like 30-50 games on it as a master image/ghost.

How then can you use this image/ghost when of course the games will need the different serials on them?

Also won't the Windows update reg keys get messed up too?

THANKS

What exactly are you trying to do? Are you wanting to load this image on a second PC?

Why would you serials for your games be effected? They won't, at all. It images the drive, and that information is on the drive.

As far as your windows information, if your hardware doesn't change, it's no problem at all.

Well I'm talking about if say the hard drive dies, then yes it is a reinstall of all of that. So given this to make a backup image I guess I'll have to use like Acronis TI and image each individual box to save all the registry keys.

I just wasn't sure given that all these boxes are identical in software, if there was a trick to doing this, so you didn't have to image each one of them separately.

But, since we didn't buy volume licesnses for the software and that all of the software has it's own serials I don't see any ofher way.

AsusUser it wouldn't matter what changes if anything and all I was doing was a backup because say spyware/viruses whipped out a box. Each computer has it's own serials for the games. These games where bought as individuals, not VOLUME licensed so yes it would effect it. I couldn't just backup one box as a master for all of them and install those game keys on every computer that needs seperate keys.

Not to mention Windows with it's own seperate key too.

THANKS

What the hell does Acronis TrueImage >> Norton Ghost have to do with this? The imaging software doesn't control license keys in 3rd party software...

You cannot do what you want with ease, you will need to make a image of each machine so you can reload.

You can:
Create a base image w/o any licensed software installed. Deploy that image to all PCs, install each game seperatly. Create a machine-specific image to re-deploy as a backup.

Create an image with each game installed/serialized. Find out how to edit EACH GAME SEPERALY to re-serialize them. Deploy the image, re-key the games/machine.

Honestly I'd recommend the first solution unless you were doing hundreds of PCs.

Back