Acronis True Image Error ? Help?

trckn4life

Limp Gawd
I am helping a friend setup Acronis True Image that he just bought on two computers (he bought two copies from newegg). Ok, well I scheduled tasks to run and to save to the J drive (shared usb drive on another computer on the network). Computer 1 saves to J:\user\1\ and computer 2 saves to J:\2 (which is at the same level as 1 on the other machine (the other is just mapped a level higher). The error that is coming up is Acronis True Image Service encountered a problem when running the task for a little bit. Then, it says E00040000A Error Creating the File.

What does this mean? Why is this occuring? How can we fix this problem? Any ideas? I e-mailed Acronis and I'm waiting to hear back from them...I just thought maybe someone else has run into this before.

I am helping a friend setup Acronis True Image that he just bought on two computers (he bought two copies from newegg). Ok, well I scheduled tasks to run and to save to the J drive (shared usb drive on another computer on the network). Computer 1 saves to J:\user\1\ and computer 2 saves to J:\2 (which is at the same level as 1 on the other machine (the other is just mapped a level higher). The error that is coming up is Acronis True Image Service encountered a problem when running the task for a little bit. Then, it says E00040000A Error Creating the File.

What does this mean? Why is this occuring? How can we fix this problem? Any ideas? I e-mailed Acronis and I'm waiting to hear back from them...I just thought maybe someone else has run into this before.

If the USB drive has any sort of power saving feature (i.e., it powers down after a certain period of inactivity), that could be causing a problem. Same goes for the other computer - if it is set to go to sleep, I've had trouble getting True Image to wake it up.

Does it give the error even if the other computer/drive are obviously active, or only when you've had it scheduled to run?

According to acronis you must use the UNC path ( \\computers\sharename ) not the mapped drive. But,...now he tells me his computer is really slow especially when using outlook? I don't know why this would be? I tried to get back to him last night but haven't heard anything else.

Back