Acronis True Image 2010

I'm thinking about getting Acronis True Image 2010 to transfer my XP install from an 80 GB drive to a 500 GB drive with data on it already. Has anyone used this product to do this? Will the program scale the image so that it can use the rest of the 500 GB on the disc without deleting the data already there?

Thanks.

Seagate / Maxtor / WD offer a basic version of ATI which can be used to perform the task you need without having to buy a full version, why dont you give them a try?

Thanks. I didn't know that was out there.

I'm also wondering what happens if there is already data on the target drive, though. Does the program need a fresh drive? Will the program scale the image if there is already data on the drive? (I know that some programs will take an 80GB image, put it on a 500 GB hard drive, and exclude the rest of that space as unusable -- or another logical drive??).

It deletes any data on the target drive before transferring the data from the image file to the new hard drive..

I just used the Acronis True Image 2010 program earlier today and it works flawlessly with Windows 7 Pro X64.

Back