Acrobat reader 9 putting monitor to sleep

RogueTrip

2[H]4U
I tried googling this, but trying to open the instructions of 1040EZ forms and trying to scroll a page it will be slow as heck then put my monitor to sleep which I then have to reboot.

I'm using Windows 7 Beta and a GTX 260, I did try to disable 3D on Acrobat reader 9 but still kicked out the monitor into sleep. What is weird is viewing and entering info into the actual 1040EZ form doesn't do this, only the instruction pdf. (2 separate PDF files)

Any Ideas? TIA!!

If anyone could try the instructions pdf in vista that has a GTX260, that would be helpful.

And this is why you don't use a beta OS on a "production" system. Most likely, you've encountered one of the bugs. If installing another OS isn't an option for you, you could always try setting up XP or Vista in a VM for the time being. Or, better yet, try another computer.

Uninstall Acrobloat and give FoxitPDF a shot.

(just uncheck the askjeeves and eBay boxes that the new Foxit version tries to sneak in as baggageware)

Uninstall Acrobloat and give FoxitPDF a shot.

(just uncheck the askjeeves and eBay boxes that the new Foxit version tries to sneak in as baggageware)

+1 for FoxIt. Although the ask.com and ebay junk needs to go. :(

But FoxIt works great for me under Windows 7.

Well thanks for the advice, Just came back to look at this thread, but decided to give acrobat reader 9 another try. It seems if I just open the instructions PDF by itself it works just fine, but open the form and instructions PDFs at the same time then the instructions will start screwing up. I don't think its a Win 7 issue though, probably just acrobat BS.

I'll have to try Foxit, my boss loves the program but haven't tried it myself yet.

Well thanks for the advice, Just came back to look at this thread, but decided to give acrobat reader 9 another try. It seems if I just open the instructions PDF by itself it works just fine, but open the form and instructions PDFs at the same time then the instructions will start screwing up. I don't think its a Win 7 issue though, probably just acrobat BS.

I'll have to try Foxit, my boss loves the program but haven't tried it myself yet.

I loved Adobe Reader 9 as well, but got tired of all the bloat that comes with it. Foxit's UI is very similar to AR9's, except instead of weighing in at 200+ MB it only takes up about 12.

Back