Acrobat Pro Question - How to Edit Text?

CyberSurfer

Limp Gawd
So I have Adobe Acrobat Professional, and I have PDF files in which I need to make small changes (corrections, basically) to the text. I can't figure out how to do this in the program. The closest I've gotten is to try the Advanced Editing feature -> TouchUp Text Tool. This will let me insert spaces and change the font size, etc. But I still can't change the actual text. Is this even possible? It seems so simple that it should be do-able. Oh, and I have all the fonts installed.

GJSNeptune said:
There's a reason why people convert documents into PDFs.

I realize that, but if I need to make one correction in a PDF, isn't there an easy way to do that without creating a whole new one?

CyberSurfer said:
I realize that, but if I need to make one correction in a PDF, isn't there an easy way to do that without creating a whole new one?
Perhaps you don't understand the concept of PDFs. Basically, you'll have to type the document word-for-word in a text editor.

Have a look at this . Hopefully it'll gauge your understanding of why people use PDFs in the first place.

Of course, perhaps Adobe did it as a hidden agenda to sell software just to counteract.

CyberSurfer said:
The closest I've gotten is to try the Advanced Editing feature -> TouchUp Text Tool. This will let me insert spaces and change the font size, etc. But I still can't change the actual text.

darktiger said:
Tools>Advance Editing > touchup text tool
Heh. You sure read the original post, huh.

Funny I am able to change text for the most part.....

Back