acoustic & electric guitars, basses, guitar kits $50, 7 stringer $99 - Free Shipping

You get what you pay for. Save money for a good guitar with a good build quality and good parts.

I'm getting my Fender American Telecaster HH this wednesday in the mail :cool: :D

Washburn makes some decent guitars but... this is possibly the cheapest lowest end 7 string you can buy. Though... I suppose if you put some new pickups on it it could sound pretty good.

So.... The 50 dollar guitars i'd stay the hell away from. The Washburn is a possibility with new pups.

Good for someone learning and doesn't want to make a large investment if they don't know they're going to keep playing I suppose.

Just my two cents.

You get what you pay for. Save money for a good guitar with a good build quality and good parts.

I'm getting my Fender American Telecaster HH this wednesday in the mail :cool: :D

Washburn makes some decent guitars but... this is possibly the cheapest lowest end 7 string you can buy. Though... I suppose if you put some new pickups on it it could sound pretty good.

So.... The 50 dollar guitars i'd stay the hell away from. The Washburn is a possibility with new pups.

Good for someone learning and doesn't want to make a large investment if they don't know they're going to keep playing I suppose.

Just my two cents.
you should read the reviews on the washburn and the baja starter kit ;) these two are the biggest bangs for the buck. indeed you wont get 1,000 dollar quality but i think youre getting substantially more than what you pay for here. i think these deals are going on because the company might be going out of business

Ditto. I have a Fender Mex Telecaster (1996 model) and love it. It was $283 back then. I generally go to a guitar center and get a used model with a ding or two for 1/2 price of a new one. I'm going to ding it sooner or later so I don't need a perfect guitar.

Not a hot deal at all #1.

Who would be dumb enough to buy $50 guitars, nevertheless $150 ones?

And what makes it worse is that that shop has a resellerating of 3, average.

Not a hot deal at all #1.

Who would be dumb enough to buy $50 guitars, nevertheless $150 ones?

And what makes it worse is that that shop has a resellerating of 3, average.

look online at the reviews before trying to make seem like youre some kind of guitar expert, youve only proven your ignorance and incapacity to think for yourself. MORE MONEY = MORE BETTER LOLZ :rolleyes:

some of these are great guitars and at this sale price it cant be beat. who would buy 50 dollar guitars? umm, people without hundreds of dollars to spend? beginners? we cant all be rich or 'professional' like you

this is a hot deal i.e. big bang for the buck. no one said these were top of the line guitars. no one is trying to convince you buy one, mr. expert rockstar who would NEVER buy a guitar under 200 dollars (everyone watch out, cool guy over here) :rolleyes:

my friend who was staying with me for a couple weeks while he moved his family bought one of these....

from the online reviews OF THE GUITAR, it doesn't seem at all like a bad beginner. I'm going to sell him a little practice amp of mine for 20 bucks, and right there he's spend 70 total for a setup.

to learn, to explore, to FIND OUT IF HE WANTS TO PLAY BEFORE HE THROWS AWAY 300+ ON A DECENT GUITAR.

Maybe things are making a little more sense now eh?

my friend who was staying with me for a couple weeks while he moved his family bought one of these....

from the online reviews OF THE GUITAR, it doesn't seem at all like a bad beginner. I'm going to sell him a little practice amp of mine for 20 bucks, and right there he's spend 70 total for a setup.

to learn, to explore, to FIND OUT IF HE WANTS TO PLAY BEFORE HE THROWS AWAY 300+ ON A DECENT GUITAR.

Maybe things are making a little more sense now eh?

Definitely hotter than buying a Squeir or Epiphone start pack...

still not worth it for someone who actually plays guitar unless they need a guitar to smash at a show :D <--- this is a stupid idea, probably.

Back in 1989 - hehehe showing my age..

I purchased my first guitar.. a Charvette Neon Orange for like 80 bucks. Then a year later I purchase a Jackson King V for 989.00.. However IMHO the Charevette sounded better than the Jackson... I changed pick ups etc but still the Plywood Charvette was a much better sounding guitar. I picked up one of those Vinci guitars from Sears and I was real impress with it and I only paid 32.00 for it. I find these cheap ones sound good once you set the relief, string height, pickup (change) or height adjustment and the intonation is set correctly which I personally do myself each time I get one and every few months on mine. The only time this isn't the case is when the neck is totally twisted and there is no hope.

these are clearance prices. so its not like they are $100 everyday.

also, they have a 45 day guarantee, so if you dont like it...send it back.

Music123 used to be a pretty decent place to shop online, but not anymore. I'd avoid them like the plague.

If you're looking for solid quality low priced instruments, check out http://www.rondomusic.net

Kurt's a really good guy and their instruments are MIM or better quality for 1/4 the price. I picked up a 1975 Fender Jazz copy w/ashtray covers over the pickup and bridge as a beater bass for like $150. It's a nice instrument, sounds nice and plays really well.

I ordered 2 starter Baja kits. Cost was $101 paid extra $1 for 3 day shipping and it did get to me in 3 days. I already have sets and they play , sound , and look really good. I do know how much top-shelf electric guitars cost. But for the price these r nice for kids r just some1 wanting to learn / mess around. I GOT extra DADDY points from kids:D .

just got the crosswick acoustic electric in. its so nice, it has a built in tuner and EQ.

my friend got his fullerton left handed in...

I can't really do much with a left handed guitar, but the intonation, and the sound is decent for 50 bucks... after looking at it, i'm sorta wishing I would have got one just for a strat looking guitar... but eh... i'm really loving my SG-400 I recently got.

I got my tele. It sounds amazing. :D

That said, I may buy one of them basses, seeing as they're so cheap and i need a bass for... bass stuff.

you guys that think american fenders and gibsons are the shit amuse me. they are NOT what they used to be and haven't been for a while... now they are spewed out of factories.

you guys that think american fenders and gibsons are the shit amuse me. they are NOT what they used to be and haven't been for a while... now they are spewed out of factories.

well.... this is the reason why you take a tour of a gibson shop and watch your guitar being hand crafted...

then you know where your 2k's are going.

As a Musician, no name guitars sound like garbage. End of story. Washburn, yeah, ok for a beginner. Although I'd stay away from the rest of that garbage.

i'm really liking the whole epiphone line...

my friend has one from around 98 or so, a les paul version, which is very nice... my SG is a factory 2cd, so it has some flaws, mainly, I think the nut is a little too low and prevents correct string height... but the only thing that is causing for the moment is muting of the first fret of high e string... nothing else though...

dunno... doesn't bother me too much, although I can't really play an F chord

So what would you choose instead?

I got my guitar for 690, not much more than a MIM fender. For that I got a beautiful looking guitar with better pickups and the S-1 switch system. Having bought it from someone else, the action was already set up perfectly for me and it sounds really nice.

So it's gorgeous, sounds good, plays good, and has quite a bit of versatility in tone.

For $690, I'd say that is a bargain.

I want to learn how the play an acoustic guitar and want to buy one for under $100 just to start. Can anyone recommend me the best bang for the buck guitar for under $100 that actually sound decent?

Id rather stick with my Gibson Les Paul Black Beauty Custom :D im a serious guitar player and i these 50-99$ guitars wont do it for me. I should be getting my American Tele soon i cant wait for that sexy beast.

I want to learn how the play an acoustic guitar and want to buy one for under $100 just to start. Can anyone recommend me the best bang for the buck guitar for under $100 that actually sound decent?

I really like my Johnson JG-610-B

got it from ebay, sounds really decent, plays well, and stays in tune...

can't ask for much more from a beginner guitar. Lots of my friends who have been playing a long time said it is well worth 100 bucks.

I really like my Johnson JG-610-B

got it from ebay, sounds really decent, plays well, and stays in tune...

can't ask for much more from a beginner guitar. Lots of my friends who have been playing a long time said it is well worth 100 bucks.

How much for a brand new one? Theres also a JG 610 BL is that good ?

I've heard cheap guitars sound decent, and I've heard expensive guitars sound like crap. Its all in the pickup arrangement and wood stock. For the record, I think my Schecter Omen 7 and Gibson Les Paul sound much better than my Fender Strat. US edition. But again, I like more thrash/metal, and the Strat is too bright. / threadcrap

Back on topic: Check out Musician's Friend or Starving Musician. You can get a nice deal on a starter guitar. Also check out the scratch and dent sections if you don't mind imperfections. You can get quite a discount with a simple flaw with the paint on quite a few name brand electrics.

What youll seroius guitar players fail to see is this was for a sell for beginners. Not some one that been playing for years. Question? Would you buy a 6 year old a $3000 guitar or a $50-$100 guitar. HMMM let me guess. Unless you have money growing from trees I think YOUR going to buy the $50-$100 one a bet. :p

How much for a brand new one? Theres also a JG 610 BL is that good ?

not sure about the BL... probably the same thing, or just a newer model...

I got mine from ebay for 99 shipped. If you are wanting to learn to play, this is a great starter... not only is it a good guitar for putting calluses on your fingers, you can take it anywhere with you (camping, etc) without fear of breaking it (and loosing a large investment)

the model I have just looks like a regular black acoustic... sure you could pay 100 more for a name brand, but it would still be made in china, and if you ended up breaking it or deciding not to play, you'd be out 100 bucks.

just my .000000002 cents

Back