Acero

i wonder what the BATT_CON is for on the board
Wow...took me a while to find that. It is where a button battery carrier would go if the board included one. My guess is they reserved a spot for it but eventually wacked it in a cost-cutting decision. The board doesn't keep the time because it has no battery attached. Instead it synchronizes time with the Internet when it boots. Seems like a reasonable cost cutter.

My big mystery is the three-pin jumper block labeled SW1. There can't be any BIOS reset so what else could it change? There is also the white four-pin floppy-drive looking connector over by the DC IN connectors. Power out? For what purpose?

I wonder if it could be for a component tv out since it is next to vga.

edit I see it has debu_com silk screened next to it. So it is probally just for testing the board.

Last edited:
just looked at the twitter for that apc.io

apc-board.jpg

that board looks totally different to the one they are offering

I spy a Rev 0.1 I have a Rev 0.2 Other interesting things. The final shipping version will probably look different than both.

You sir own stuff that i would love to own, Some of the classiest computers ever.

You should do some more group shots. That's what she said.

Once again you have knocked it out of the park. very nice design and awesome to look at.

Back