Acer XR382CQK - anybody waiting for this?

tchalikias

Weaksauce
In my search for a new monitor(s), I came upon the LM375UW1 panel by LG. It does look pretty tempting. 2300R curve and in its stock form, it runs at 60Hz (75 with freesync), but I'm guessing both Acer and Asus will offer 100Hz oc'd options. Unless there's a 40inch 5k 21:9 panel right around the corner, monitors such as the Acer XR382CQK look pretty tempting.

The problem, as always, is playing the waiting game... Panel production starts in September, so I can't see these monitors coming out before the holidays at the earliest. I'm also hoping that the backlight bleed improvements made on this year's 1900R panels will also carry over to this larger panel. Oh, and ideally, without image retention issues (although this seems to be inherent in LG-Philips IPS larger panels these last few years).

So now... I wait as patiently as I can, while friends get the X34, the pg348q etc. and I'm stuck at 1920x1200. Aargh.

21:9 still isn't something that interests since I play a lot of overwatch. This game is one of my top 3 games I play right now and it doesn't have 21:9 native support which is deal breaker for me. Unless every game I own confidently plays at 21:9, then I'll finally buy one.

Back