Acer X222Wbd 22", 1000:1 5 ms HDCP

I noticed it too. The only difference I can see between it and the AL2216WBD is an increase in the contrast ratio to 1000:1 from 700:1. At the same time, the AL2216 increased in price from 259.99 to 319.99. Zipzoomfly has it listed still for 254.99 w/ free shipping, but they are out of stock. They were in for just a few days, I should have jumped on it when I had the chance.

buy.com has the AL2216WBD for 249.. 239 if your a new google member for checkout and free shipping. Picked one up for my gf.

$239 for a 22" monitor, free shipping and no tax? Jesus... get it while its hot. I'll bet you can use one of those buy.com new customer deals too. I think I've used a $10 or $20 off deal for new customers before.

Though, buy.com lists it as 700:1 contrast ratio which is more believable for a TN panel.

does anybody know the reason for its release/the increase in price of the AL2216 then?

Anybody got one of these? Impressions?

It's supposed to be a glossy screen, like the popular HP W2207. At least one site claims that Acer's "CrystalBright" (used with this screen) is the same tech as HP's BrightView. Be interesting to see a comparison between the two displays.

I'm very close to purchasing a Acer X222Wbd 22", but I want to find some good reviews on it first. It looks like an excellent monitor. The other Acer that is on sale at BB for $189 on Sunday has grabbed my attention too, though.

Who has info on the X222Wbd (other than newegg reviews)?

I see very positive reviews on the egg now. I just bought the Acer AL2223W at BB the other day, but am still considering getting this X222wbd for its higher contrast ratio, glossy screen, and beautiful glossy black frame.

Does this model have a TN screen?

It figures. I saw no dead or stuck pixels in any of the newegg reviews thus far. I have a stuck pixel that doesn't seem to want to go away via rubbing or running a RGB program.

Office Depot still has this deal going, I purchased it a while back and am completely happy with it, only difference I see between the one at BB, is the 800:1 contrast, and the 700:1 on the OD one, plus the one I bought does not have speakers, and has a black bezel, I would make that tradeoff any day.

Only downside is the $70 mirb, but is is nice when that check arrives in the mail

Check out the OD website for weekly deals

I was looking at this one. Only one bad review and that guy is a moron. He makes zero valid points. But there is only 15 or so reviews so not sure if people know something i dont or not. I guess all the hype is on the sammy which i have seen and is not that impresive.

I love the monitor thus far, but unfortunately it arrived with a stuck pixel. Strange too, since no one has reported stuck or dead pixels for this model thus far from what I can see (I called Acer and even they were surprised to hear it). I tried all of the common remedies, but nothing worked. Fortunately, with a bit of calling and superb newegg customer support, they are giving me a replacement via RMA. I don't need to pay a dime for shipping or restocking. I did, however, need to fight for it and justify it.

I honestly think I am a fluke with the stuck pixel, though. Take a look around; they aren't to be seen.

Other than that, the display is amazing, imho. The glare is not bad at all when the monitor is in use, trust me. I think it is a nice upgrade over the one offered at BB and worth the extra $80. I will say that my particular monitor had more backlight bleed than the one I got at BB, but then it could have been a fluke. It wasn't that bad, though.

I'll let you know how I like the one I get as a replacement. I'll be shipping out the other one today after work.

Do you know how it compares with the w2207 hp that everyone is talking about. I was happy with what i looked like but the price was too much for me atm.

I love the monitor thus far, but unfortunately it arrived with a stuck pixel. Strange too, since no one has reported stuck or dead pixels for this model thus far from what I can see (I called Acer and even they were surprised to hear it). I tried all of the common remedies, but nothing worked. Fortunately, with a bit of calling and superb newegg customer support, they are giving me a replacement via RMA. I don't need to pay a dime for shipping or restocking. I did, however, need to fight for it and justify it.

I honestly think I am a fluke with the stuck pixel, though. Take a look around; they aren't to be seen.

Other than that, the display is amazing, imho. The glare is not bad at all when the monitor is in use, trust me. I think it is a nice upgrade over the one offered at BB and worth the extra $80. I will say that my particular monitor had more backlight bleed than the one I got at BB, but then it could have been a fluke. It wasn't that bad, though.

I'll let you know how I like the one I get as a replacement. I'll be shipping out the other one today after work.

how are the black levels? I bought the 2223 on memorial day and they're *awful*. I can't even sit through my favorite movies because they are so bad.

go figure, I buy a TN panel with *zero* ghosting and almost nil backlight bleeding and I can't even watch movies on it :( I'm thinking of returning it.

how are the black levels? I bought the 2223 on memorial day and they're *awful*. I can't even sit through my favorite movies because they are so bad.

go figure, I buy a TN panel with *zero* ghosting and almost nil backlight bleeding and I can't even watch movies on it :( I'm thinking of returning it.

I got a 2223 at BB and a 2216 at OD, returned 2223 because of the exact same problem you had. The 2216 has great movie detail, I watch most movies on my Xbox 360 through the VGA port and the image quality is outstanding. If you return the 2223 give a 2216 a try, OD has had good prices on them lately.

The one at BB that was on sale is a completely differnt monitor than the one we are talking about.

They are better once you turn the brightness and contrast down. Gamma should also be turned down a bit because the default setting is a bit high. I currently have the contrast set at 6 and the brightness set at 10 on the monitor. I have further tweaked the brightness, contrast, and gamma via the NVIDIA CP. Contrast is the biggest offender on this monitor because I needed to lower it to 32% to get rid of the black crush. Once that was lowered I started to see much more shadow detail in games and DVDs.

The Acer AL2223WD isn't a bad monitor once you get it calibrated. Black levels will never look that good on any TN panel because of the way they work. I only bought one because it was dirt cheap. It will hold me over until the start making 22" monitors with P-MVA, S-PVA, or S-IPS panels.

From the limited use I had out of it (I packed it up the next day after I couldn't fix the stuck pixel) the darkness levels seemed just fine. They are better than the BB deal monitor, imho, simply due to the glossy screen. The gloss helps bring out siginificant color depth, and there isn't a glare when the screen is on.

Was planning on buying the HP w2207 for the wife then I saw this. Comes out to be about $70 cheaper so I decided to try it out, I'll post some pics when I get it. Ordered it from the 'Egg and with rush processing should be here tomorrow.

They are better once you turn the brightness and contrast down. Gamma should also be turned down a bit because the default setting is a bit high. I currently have the contrast set at 6 and the brightness set at 10 on the monitor. I have further tweaked the brightness, contrast, and gamma via the NVIDIA CP. Contrast is the biggest offender on this monitor because I needed to lower it to 32% to get rid of the black crush. Once that was lowered I started to see much more shadow detail in games and DVDs.

The Acer AL2223WD isn't a bad monitor once you get it calibrated. Black levels will never look that good on any TN panel because of the way they work. I only bought one because it was dirt cheap. It will hold me over until the start making 22" monitors with P-MVA, S-PVA, or S-IPS panels.

ah, thanks I will definitely try that. I really didn't want to spend 309$ on the x model

Back