Acer Monitors - Low quality?

Ulfus

n00b
Joined
Jul 22, 2007
Messages
20
My local shop is selling an Acer X203HB 20" monitor for 170$. For 2 days it will be on discount for around 132$ which seems very cheap for a 20 inch monitor.The store itself is decent. How do Acer monitors fare with age?
 
Hmm my 17" Acer AL732 which i bough in 2003 or 2004 is still working perfectly.

However that was one of the top models at that time with aluminium case and few other gadgets so i don't know how it releastes to modern ultra cheap acers.
 
I bought a 24" Acer and I'll never buy another one of their monitors. It broke after only a couple months, and even after having it fixed (which I had to pay shipping), it has problems. The display itself is fine, but the overall unit is very poorly built.
 
I am on an 1920x1200 Acer and it works great for my needs. It is a TN, but its not like I do photo work for a huge corporation. It works very well and has a nice design. I couldn't ask for more bang for buck.
 
I bought a Acer 23" H233H and it looked terrible, and I couldn't believe that it cost so much. Anyways, I went and bought a glossy monitor.
 
my aspireone's screen shattered from a 3 inch fall back to the floor as its oily and rounded edge slipped out of my fingers while picking it up

both NECs i have had are 8 years old or so, the 1850x has fallen onto the floor numerous times (im too lazy to set up my erogton arm so just prop it up, i know im crazy)
 
Back
Top