Acer latops

BioInclined

Limp Gawd
Hey guys,
I don't know much about laptops, mainly brands.
A friend just had his crap out recently and is on a bit of a budget, preferably sub $300.
I am going to try to talk him up some though.
He NEVER games on it, it's his school source though, no desktop.
Main uses are Word processor, Powerpoint, internet use(often Wireless), never talked about hooking it up to a TV so the disaply itself should be ok.
I searched for reviews on this model but nothing. Then i just searched Aspire series and hits seemed good.
I was going to show him this one, it seems like a steal to me with 6GB RAM and a nice i3, 500GB HDD.

I would greatly appreciate input.
Choice one - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...12111-Index-_-LaptopsNotebooks-_-34215189-L0I

choice 2 - HERE

I used to have a Toshiba Satellite core 2 Duo and loved it. Considering getting a laptop again soon for the same reason, just back up important info and strictly business/school stuff.

Personally, I would stay away from Acer after my friend's dying within the first 90-days of having it. They don't use very good build quality.

Acer does indeed suck, but they rule the low-end... I picked up an Acer laptop years ago from BB during a black-friday sale... it worked fine as a cheap computer to write SQL on for a contract job, and I still use it to this day as a media-center PC (screen down). Are there better laptops out there? Of course. Will an Acer laptop fulfill his needs? From the sounds of it, esp considering the $300 limit, of course it will. Everything is relative... way back in the days of the Celeron 300A (and the SDR GeForce 1), an i3 would have CRUSHED my peltier-cooled BP6 setup and yet I was able to do everything your friend needs to do with a LOT less computational power than the i3 will provide...

Yea, i always knew they were low end on the "feel" and build as i have held and used a few. I was looking mainly cause the i3.
Everything else on the lower end post Core 2 Duo seems like for the price it's worth the jump up and the AMD series stuff I don't know is good since they are about 1.9GHz and i think 2.4 with "boost."

Don't be too afraid of Acer. If I had to choose between lower end Acers or Toshibas I'm going Acer every time.

Back