Acer Laptop-strange Beeps to Boot

wayout2day

Limp Gawd
Acer Aspire 4250-BZ637...Customer has been unhappy with performance, so I told her not to load and use games. Since I did the original Windows Build from W7 to W10, I deleted games, secondary Anti-virus, CCCleaner, etc... then scanned and took off some of the crap. Went to restart and PC would not boot....continuing beeping and stuck on the W10 symbol, no rotating dots.

WD software to do extended test of the hard drive--passed. Reformatted the WD-250 (blue). Did a full scan of the 2 RAM sticks--2gb and 4gb with MemTest--passed with no issues.

Did a Clean install of W7 and then to W10, and then after one of the many restarts, came the continuous beeping and no booting.

This lovely laptop requires the removal of the bottom case cover to get to the hard drive. Tested booting with each RAM stick in each slot--same result--beeping. Tested booting without power supply--same result--beeping. Re-seated the Keyboard ribbon cable and re-seated the touchpad ribbon cable.

So, i just let this little whiner sit there in the corner and beep. Then it stopped beeping and booted just fine. Some trouble still with using the touchpad button and swiping--tried to hold the left button and swipe an icon on the Taskbar....this created an interesting effect with the other icons---they flashed on and off and the icon i was moving did not budge. had to click on the desktop to stop the flashing.

Motherboard ? Touch-pad ? .... its NOT a software issue, this is all from clean install and the beeping matches the beeping after i did the scan/deleting in the beginning....

tks for any help....

Update #1.....the touchpad problem seems to have resolved...could have been video drivers installed with Win Update....

Update #2.....turned the pc off over night.....turned on today and no beeping before the start....will continue to look for these Ghosts.

Back