• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Acer HN274H question...

Antiokus

n00b
Joined
Sep 20, 2007
Messages
20
So going through the spec's on Newegg (yeah, i know...) and it lists the "2d refresh rate" as 56 - 75 Hz and 3d as 120 Hz.

I'm not too up on monitor tech these days - does that mean that I'm not going to see 120hz unless I'm running stereoscopic 3d?

If so are there any monitors above 24" that will do 120hz on the desktop/2d gaming?


Sorry if this has been asked before. Searched but didn't see any one asking this specifically.
 
At least that's what all the reviews suggest. I can verify for sure tomorrow when mine arrives.
 
Awesome, thanks guys. I figured it did but that line on newegg had me wondering if there was something else going on....

How do you like it so far? Worth the money?
 
UPS guy hasn't got here yet. In due time, in due time. lol, I just got off work @ 8:00 AM, been waiting for it all week. Ordered it on Sunday.
 
So played with it all yesterday. It feels so great and despite people saying 1920x1080 shouldn't be on such a big monitor. I have to beg to differ. It looks absolutely stunning. The response time in 120hz is so crazy. There is virtually no input lag. I thought I was good before now noobs are crying and saying that I'm hacking. xD. You will definitely love it. Definitely worth the money.

Ghosting and banding are non existent.
 
It is a TN panel. Right now, only TN is capable of pushing 120 Hz without major ghosting. Unfortunately I wasn't home to sign for it today. I'm picking it up from UPS tomorrow. Hopefully I will also be reporting some positive info.
 
Alright, I've been playing around with it. First of all, I thought the picture quality was pretty crappy out of the box. I tried manual adjustment to no avail. Things were much much improved after using a spyder 2 express colorimeter. It's pretty decent now. No real backlight bleed from what I can tell. Definitely 120 Hz in 2D.

I tried 3D, and honestly, I don't really like it at all. It felt like a huge relief when I took off the glasses and switched to 2D (fyi, I was playing battlefield: bad company 2). I also couldn't really wear the 3d glass with my eye glasses, so I had to put in contacts. Me not liking the 3d is more of a personal thing, though, and I can't comment on how the 3D effect compares to other 3D monitors.

It doesn't seem as vibrant as a glossy monitor like the asus vg236h, but having no reflections with the matte coating is preferable to me (always making trade-offs with monitors!).

Unfortunately, though, I just discovered a stuck pixel. I might have to return it. All in all, I think it's a decent monitor, although I think it's very expensive for what it is, especially if you don't plan on using the 3D. It's a shame I'm dealing with stuck pixels at this price point too.
 
Last edited:
Another thing, changing the brightness is really annoying. It basically takes six button presses to change the brightness one notch. Also, while 1080p is pretty low for a monitor of this size, I don't think it's all that bad. I think most people wouldn't mind. I haven't decided yet whether I could use this as my primary monitor, but it seems possible.
 
So when you use the Spyder, are you changing anything in your OS or are you still doing (guided) manual adjustment of controls through the monitor? In other words, could I just copy your settings without buying a Spyder?
 
It's done via software. The software loads the custom color profile every time I boot the computer.
 
Back
Top