Acer H213H 22" 1080p monitor

Diseaseboy

[H]ard|Gawd
Has anyone used this monitor yet? I assume it is a TN panel. I saw it today at BJ Wholesale Club for $199.99. It is a 22 inch native 1080p monitor. It has speakers, hdmi, dvi and vga in and is 5ms.. I am considering this to use for gaming- I can switch between my computer, xbox 360 and potentially a PS3 with ease with the 3 inputs.

I've googled and found no reviews other then the user reviews on Newegg.

Thanks,

Scott

Yes its a TN panel, but thats all I know. I'm also extremely interested in this monitor and would like to see more info/reviews/opinions.

a newegg reviewer said this:
Pros: No dead or stuck pixels in the one I received, higher resolution than other similarly sized monitors, good pixel pitch, excellent black levels for an LCD (better blacks than the CRT I switched to this from), attractive glossy case/bezel, 16:9 aspect ratio ideal for hooking up to a console and for watching any media formatted for a 16:9 display, OSD (On Screen Display) menus are well laid out and easy to navigate, sharp picture and vibrant colors, comes with cables for each of the displays inputs (they aren't fancy cables, but just the fact that they included all of them is nice). The monitor has one DVI, VGA, and HDMI input. Because of that it's possible to have three different devices hooked up at the same time, and thanks to input switch button on the monitors control panel you can change between inputs without having to fiddle with wires. HDCP support ensures that you'll be able to playback any HDCP protected content provided you have a video card that also supports it.

Cons: The monitor uses a 6-Bit TN Panel with Hi-FRC, so there are some color banding issues. Color banding is only really noticeable when a light color transitions to a dark color (such as a glowing effect that fades into a black background or into transparency), however transitions from one bright color to the next are pretty much seamless. Videophiles will want to look elsewhere, but the vast majority of users won't notice the banding under average viewing conditions. The 5ms response time is respectable and good enough for most situations, but it does introduce some visible ghosting during fast motion (quickly panning your view in an FPS game, or scrolling across the battlefield in an RTS game -- it can also be seen in movies from time to time but they are largely unaffected), but it's not a huge issue. Touch controls can occasionally be unresponsive.

Other Thoughts: The built-in 1W speakers are useless to 99% of users, but since it's a optional feature there's no harm in having them there. You can't even see them as they're hidden inside the monitors case so they don't detract from the aesthetics of the display. There is some minor backlight bleeding around the edges of the screen, but it's not bad enough for me to list it as a con. It's barely noticeable even when the screen mostly displaying black. Overall I'm happy with my purchase. This is my first LCD, and while there are some drawbacks to LCD technology compared to CRT's I'd say the pros outweigh the cons. CRT's still have the upper hand when it comes to color reproduction (even compared to 8-Bit LCD panels) and response times, but large CRT's are heavy and energy hungry (my 21" weighed 70lbs and ate 145W of juice -- compare that to this LCD and you see the problem). LCD's have a sharper picture overall and have the obvious size, weight, and energy advantages among other things.

and its 200 on newegg also

I was wondering about getting this, the E2200HD or the LG l227WTG-PF as well sicne this is the cheapest one with 1080p and hdmi slot.

I was wondering about getting this, the E2200HD or the LG l227WTG-PF as well sicne this is the cheapest one with 1080p and hdmi slot.

I would go for BenQ. BenQ has good repultation at gaming.
I have a V2400W for more than 3 months and very satisfied. I used it mainly for web surfing, movie and some PC games. I just checked their store site E2200HD is now $209 as early black Friday special. Promo code is the same : E2200HD $249- $40 = $209

http://store.benq.us/benq-us/default.aspx?culture=en-US

Would you trust getting ben q on ebay store? I can stack coupon to made a E2200hd to like 174 with shipping and E2400hd for 244.

Suprised there is not much known about this monitor. I want to use it for gaming and I would be interested to hear from anyone on how the ghosting and input lag is on this monitor.

a newegg reviewer said this:
Pros: No dead or stuck pixels in the one I received, higher resolution than other similarly sized monitors, good pixel pitch, excellent black levels for an LCD (better blacks than the CRT I switched to this from), attractive glossy case/bezel, 16:9 aspect ratio ideal for hooking up to a console and for watching any media formatted for a 16:9 display, OSD (On Screen Display) menus are well laid out and easy to navigate, sharp picture and vibrant colors, comes with cables for each of the displays inputs (they aren't fancy cables, but just the fact that they included all of them is nice). The monitor has one DVI, VGA, and HDMI input. Because of that it's possible to have three different devices hooked up at the same time, and thanks to input switch button on the monitors control panel you can change between inputs without having to fiddle with wires. HDCP support ensures that you'll be able to playback any HDCP protected content provided you have a video card that also supports it.

Cons: The monitor uses a 6-Bit TN Panel with Hi-FRC, so there are some color banding issues. Color banding is only really noticeable when a light color transitions to a dark color (such as a glowing effect that fades into a black background or into transparency), however transitions from one bright color to the next are pretty much seamless. Videophiles will want to look elsewhere, but the vast majority of users won't notice the banding under average viewing conditions. The 5ms response time is respectable and good enough for most situations, but it does introduce some visible ghosting during fast motion (quickly panning your view in an FPS game, or scrolling across the battlefield in an RTS game -- it can also be seen in movies from time to time but they are largely unaffected), but it's not a huge issue. Touch controls can occasionally be unresponsive.

Other Thoughts: The built-in 1W speakers are useless to 99% of users, but since it's a optional feature there's no harm in having them there. You can't even see them as they're hidden inside the monitors case so they don't detract from the aesthetics of the display. There is some minor backlight bleeding around the edges of the screen, but it's not bad enough for me to list it as a con. It's barely noticeable even when the screen mostly displaying black. Overall I'm happy with my purchase. This is my first LCD, and while there are some drawbacks to LCD technology compared to CRT's I'd say the pros outweigh the cons. CRT's still have the upper hand when it comes to color reproduction (even compared to 8-Bit LCD panels) and response times, but large CRT's are heavy and energy hungry (my 21" weighed 70lbs and ate 145W of juice -- compare that to this LCD and you see the problem). LCD's have a sharper picture overall and have the obvious size, weight, and energy advantages among other things.

and its 200 on newegg also

Heh, that's my review.

It's a good monitor for the price, imo. Might want to go for a 2ms panel if a little ghosting would annoy you, though. The next LCD I buy will likely have an 8-Bit panel.

Too bad OLED displays won't be out and/or affordable for quite a while, and SED is still in limbo (I'll crap bricks if it ever hits the market).

Here are two pictures of it on my desk. Sorry they're so blurry, my hands are unstable... ¬_¬

IMG_1438.JPG

IMG_1439.JPG

I just bought this monitor.

Is there any way to have the soft touch buttons fade to black after a while of not using them? IMO it'd be nicer to have them off when the monitor is on, but they seem to always be on (i.e. lit up brightly).

Back