Acer B326HUL vs Benq BL3200PT which has less AG coating?

After seeing the recent Assassin's Creed Unity and Dragon Age Inquisition benchmarks, I'm seriously considering giving up on 4K. It looks great on old games and anything made so far this year runs fine, but the true next gen games are coming out, and performance looks pretty hopeless. I was hoping GM200 would be out by now but it looks like nvidia is milking the GTX 980 till AMD has a response, and alot of new games do not have SLI support currently so getting another 980 is no guarantee of performance.

Currently using a LG 49UB8500 which has a nice glossy display so I'm looking to possibly downgrade to a 32" 1440p monitor with the lightest possible finish. I did see the Samsung 32D850T at Fry's and the AG coating seemed to be pretty strong (the last 6 years I've been using glossy displays so matte AG coatings are a huge shock for me right now), I'd prefer something less...I heard the Benq's is much lighter? How about the Acer's AG coating, how does it compare to the Benq?

I guess an alternative is the Qnix 32" but I heard only their DVI-D port works for 1440p, their DP 1.2 port doesn't have the proper electronics and won't work at 1440p? I'm running 15+ ft cable run so I don't know if DVI-D can handle that.

I have a Benq BL3200PT, and while I haven't seen the Acer (or the Samsung) in person, looking at youtube videos of the Acer the AG coating looks to behave exactly like the Benq. Of all the AG coatings I've seen, it's not the lightest. My TV, a Panasonic 55ET60, has a semi-glossy AG treatment. You see a blurry reflection of yourself during daylight. In the Benq BL3200PT you can at best see the color of your clothes. If you want a glossy screen, the Benq and Acer aren't it.

Back