Acer B273HU 27" 16:9

lt_shiro

2[H]4U
Anyone see this yet. Damn it big... I was in local PC store and I was shocked.

# Display Colors: 16.7 Million
# Pixel Pitch: 0.291 mm
# Brightness: 400 cd/m2
# Contrast Ratio: 40000:1
# Viewing Angle (H/V): 160° / 160°
# Response Time: 5 ms
# Max/Native Resolution: 2048 x 1152
# Interface: Analog/ Digital/ HDMI; 4x USB

I'm considering buying one of these myself. Looks good and I love the height adjustment and swivel features. No idea if it supports pivot, probably not. Only worry is what kind of GPU will be needed to push this beast...

Have it, love it. It swivels as well as pivots up and down (+15 to -5 I believe).

Im runing a pair of gtx260s in SLI with an i920 at 3.6ghz and it does fine as you might expect.

Resolution isn't much more than the standard 1920x1200 pixel wise. GTX 260 does an admirable job.

Have it, love it. It swivels as well as pivots up and down (+15 to -5 I believe).

Im runing a pair of gtx260s in SLI with an i920 at 3.6ghz and it does fine as you might expect.

Resolution isn't much more than the standard 1920x1200 pixel wise. GTX 260 does an admirable job.

Have any issues with color shift on such a large TN panel? This is one of my worries as I already notice it on my 22" TN I currently own. It's a major reason why I am heavily leaning towards an IPS panel for my next purchase...

I can't say for sure. I have the Samsung 2343 that has the same resolution but with a 23" panel. It's definitely there but I wouldn't say it's inhibiting unless you're in a dark scene and leaning back. If I'm sitting up or rocked back a bit in my chair I have no issues. Shouldn't be too bad on a 27" if you can sit a little further back from it.

Okay. Now I'm down to the U2410 (@ $529 shipped), this thing, and the HP LP2475w. Can anyone provide some snaps of their B273HU in action?

Last edited:
pics were taken with a nikon d200 at iso800 using a nikkor 50mm f/1.8 at approximately middle screen level

RKW_1622Custom.jpg

There is some bleeding but it is only noticeable on a solid black screen and even then its only noticeable and not annoying.

I dont have any blu-ray movies for super high quality but this still gives somewhat an idea, its very hard to take a picture of a movie because of the dynamic range. Bonus points if you can name the movie.
RKW_1629Custom.jpg

haha yep its Armageddon.

The dynamic range of cameras is less than that of monitors, so if you ever take a picture it will be either overexposed or underexposed, so here is 2 shots at different exposures.
It looks the same as that samsung as far as I can tell.

Heres some COD4MW2 at 2048x1152 4aa 16af everything on max.

RKW_16381400x.jpg

RKW_16361400x.jpg

Unless I find out the Acer panel has a better black level or input lag, I think I'm going to go with the Samsung P2770 for 2 reasons:

1) It's 300 brightness. I usually lower brightness down to like 120nits, lowering a 400 brightness panel that low will result in more yellow tint than lowering a 300 brightness panel that low

2) It's 1920x1080. I'm hoping I can force 72-75hz at 1080p on that panel without dropping frames whereas the Acer has higher resolution and definitely won't be able to.

Do you notice any input lag at all? I've got a Dell 3007WFP and the response & input lag are fine. I tried the 27" Dell 2709 and it had horrible input lag. The mouse felt like it was moving through quicksand. How do you find the Acer. I'd love to get one to try out, but that's not possible where I am.

I tried the 27" Dell 2709 and it had horrible input lag. The mouse felt like it was moving through quicksand.

Uh. Oh. I'm planning on buying the 2709W in two days. I've managed to talk them down to $682 with taxes and UPS shipping, but I'm pretty nervous about the input lag. The Acer is most definitely a TN panel so it should have next to or no input lag. To answer your other question you can find this monitor on Newegg, B&H Photo Video, Amazon, etc. Most anywhere that sells Acer monitors will have this one for sale.

@Atomic178; Do you notice color shifting straight on? How are the viewing angles? And BTW that's my favorite CoD4:MW level. Love me some "All Ghillied Up" :p

Last edited:
Uh. Oh. I'm planning on buying the 2709W in two days. I've managed to talk them down to $682 with taxes and UPS shipping, but I'm pretty nervous about the input lag. The Acer is most definitely a TN panel so it should have next to or no input lag. To answer your other question you can find this monitor on Newegg, B&H Photo Video, Amazon, etc. Most anywhere that sells Acer monitors will have this one for sale.

I'm in Toronto and the only places that sell this charge a restocking fee for returns and some won't accept returns unless the monitor is defective. The 2709W has been on sale constantly up here. I bought it for $ 599.00 CDN free shipping. Some people don't feel the input lag but I sure did. Wanna buy my 3007WFP??? Hehe

I'm in Toronto and the only places that sell this charge a restocking fee for returns and some won't accept returns unless the monitor is defective. The 2709W has been on sale constantly up here. I bought it for $ 599.00 CDN free shipping. Some people don't feel the input lag but I sure did. Wanna buy my 3007WFP??? Hehe

That sucks. It's on "sale" here for $769. As for the Acer I guess you have to roll the dice, so I guess it's up to you to determine if the juice is worth the squeeze. The couple of people here that have them seem to love them though. Sent you a PM about the 3007WFP...

Last edited:

@Atomic178; Do you notice color shifting straight on? How are the viewing angles? And BTW that's my favorite CoD4:MW level. Love me some "All Ghillied Up" :p

Horizontal shift is next to nothing. Vertical shift is a bit touchy but there is an area about 10-15" vertically right in front of it where the color barely changes. Once you set it how you like it and sit in the same chair it should be a non-issue. There is no perceptible input lag.

Horizontal shift is next to nothing. Vertical shift is a bit touchy but there is an area about 10-15" vertically right in front of it where the color barely changes. Once you set it how you like it and sit in the same chair it should be a non-issue. There is no perceptible input lag.

That was one of my biggest worries about this panel. It's got height adjustment, correct?

If I can't stand the 2709W I'll have to give this a try...

I was just looking at this monitor for myself..looks really nice..thanks for the pic's :cool:

Wow, this ole' thread thinks it's Lazarus of Bethany! :p

In hindsight, I'm glad I opted for the LP2475w, but still it would have been nice to have the sheer size of the Acer.

Back