• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Acer AT3705-DTV

Dr.LaRd

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 18, 2004
Messages
302
this is a new product, and it's not listed on either the Canadian/US acer website, only global (and possibly austrailia's....) site. However, a couple of our distributors carries this model.

I can get it for about 2200 tax/shipping incl. (i'm in Canada) it's 37", 12ms refresh, 1080p and yadda yadda yadda...

i'm just wondering if anyone has had any time in front of one of these models, or could suggest something similar in both size, and features for around the same price.

here is a product page for the tv....acer's site sucks ass and would take forever to load, but this at least gets most of the points down...

really looking for a HDTV and something that can also act as a monitor....

thanks for any help!
 
The Acer is an excellent TV for the money, and quite stylish IMO. If you plan on using it primarily as a TV, but also occasionally as a computer monitor, you should be very happy with it. It won't be as fast or as sharp as say the 3007fpw, but when you're sitting 6' away it will look great.

I own the 32" version which doesn't support as high resolution as the 37" (I can't do 1080p), but it looks excellent when displaying anything from my computer. All games look great, and ghosting is minimal. I have been contemplating returning my 32" for the 37", but I'm not sure I can justify the extra $800.

Is CAN computer the store you plan to purchase it from? I bought mine at Zellers and price matched staples for $1197 to take advantage of the don't pay for 12 months deal at Zellers. They should be selling the 37" shortly.
 
Orion_fu said:
The Acer is an excellent TV for the money, and quite stylish IMO. If you plan on using it primarily as a TV, but also occasionally as a computer monitor, you should be very happy with it. It won't be as fast or as sharp as say the 3007fpw, but when you're sitting 6' away it will look great.

I own the 32" version which doesn't support as high resolution as the 37" (I can't do 1080p), but it looks excellent when displaying anything from my computer. All games look great, and ghosting is minimal. I have been contemplating returning my 32" for the 37", but I'm not sure I can justify the extra $800.

Is CAN computer the store you plan to purchase it from? I bought mine at Zellers and price matched staples for $1197 to take advantage of the don't pay for 12 months deal at Zellers. They should be selling the 37" shortly.
thanks for replying...

i've got it on backorder from one of my company's distributors...however it's not supposed to be released here until April....my income tax money will have to wait i suppose *sigh* :(

good to know about the 32, i'm really looking forward to seeing how this new tv will "feel"...i've only got a 20inch tv that my parents got for a wedding present....so i'm sure that i'll love it either way lol
 
I've now decided I'm going to return my 32", I have found the skin tones aren't very realistic, and it doesn't handle panning very well.. Don't worry about the 37" tho, apparently it doesn't suffer from any of these problems. I think I will also go with the 37" when it becomes available. Very good value!

It can do 1080p, but only through a dvi/hdmi cable.. it won't go to 60hz with a dvi-dvi for some reason. With that res, this thing will be awsome with a htpc!

Lots of info on the tv can be found here here
 
Orion_fu said:
I've now decided I'm going to return my 32", I have found the skin tones aren't very realistic, and it doesn't handle panning very well.. Don't worry about the 37" tho, apparently it doesn't suffer from any of these problems. I think I will also go with the 37" when it becomes available. Very good value!

It can do 1080p, but only through a dvi/hdmi cable.. it won't go to 60hz with a dvi-dvi for some reason. With that res, this thing will be awsome with a htpc!

Lots of info on the tv can be found here here
QFT....my god there is a lot of info!!! sheesh!

thanks for the link....i cannot wait till i can get my hands on one of these panels!!!
 
Back
Top