Acer AspireRevo 3610 availability?

If you mean the 3601 with Windows 7 (or any others with Win7) there's an obvious reason why they aren't available. I would expect that those will show up in the last week of October or early november.

Open the link I posted and tell me which operating system is listed ;)

Yep, and I'll ask you how many Ion systems have been delayed for US release due to the pending release of Windows 7, as they clearly are "recommending" right there on their web page...

Not trying to fight. I was only trying to be helpful since absolutely nobody had replied to your post...

Yep, and I'll ask you how many Ion systems have been delayed for US release due to the pending release of Windows 7, as they clearly are "recommending" right there on their web page...

Not trying to fight. I was only trying to be helpful since absolutely nobody had replied to your post...
I appreciate it, I'm just giving you a hard time. I'm frustrated (as are a lot of people I know) who are waiting for these nettops to come out for HTPC installs but they don't have a price or approximate release date.

I got an email back from Acer saying that they will not make the 6310 and I'm assuming that's the case because it will be rebranded as a Gateway. The Viewsonic VOT132 is the one I'm really excited about but I have a feeling it will be priced through the roof making the Acer a better choice

I appreciate it, I'm just giving you a hard time. I'm frustrated (as are a lot of people I know) who are waiting for these nettops to come out for HTPC installs but they don't have a price or approximate release date.

I got an email back from Acer saying that they will not make the 6310 and I'm assuming that's the case because it will be rebranded as a Gateway. The Viewsonic VOT132 is the one I'm really excited about but I have a feeling it will be priced through the roof making the Acer a better choice

No worries. You might also be interested in the new Asus Eee Box 1501 that includes an built in, slot loading DVD burner and wireless N support: http://www.thetechherald.com/article.php/200940/4550/EeeBox-1501-Nettop-is-a-sassy-desktop-tease

I think that the'll be asking too much for it initially though--especially considering that you can get an Acer Aspire Revo 3600 with a dual core Atom 330, Ion graphics, 2GB RAM and 160GB HD with wireless N for only $360 USD. All it's missing is the DVD drive and I'll be damned if that's worth another $150 to $200.00...:rolleyes:

Yeah, I'm considering the Revo because of price but unfortunately it only has a single core 230 processor. I need to call NCIX and see if their specs of a dual core are true. ASUS has been less than helpful over the phone, they have no idea when their products will hit the market or how much many of them will MSRP for. I did talk to Viewsonic yesterday and they said their VOT132 will start shipping to resalers next week but unfortunately they are expensive too ($499). I'm really leaning toward the Viewsonic unless that Acer does in fact have a dual core and wireless (things the Acer website don't list for the 3600). Then again it doesn't have digital audio or wireless-N. Building is the best option IMO but nobody makes any super small cases like these prebuilts

http://www.viewsonic.com/products/vot132.htm

Last edited:
I just purchased the R3600 for a bedroom HTPC and it does have the Atom330 duel core (with hyperthreading). I am using MediaPortal as the front end, and it works great (720p at 20%-40% CPU load).

Mine came with a nice wireless Keyboard and mouse (tested to 20' range) and a little webcam. I have already gone to ACERS website and ordered my Win7 upgrade for when it is available (free shipping and handling for Canadians).

What do people need a dual core Atom for when it comes to HTPC work.

A dual core isnt going to make Hulu work. Not going to make most programs run much faster.

A little off topic but for those here looking for full up Ion systems for video watching and more importantly XBMC.. The XP version at 199 will be fine http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883103228

Compare the reviews between the single core model w/that of the dual core, and then decide. The dual core model is far more favored than the single core model is.

Compare the reviews between the single core model w/that of the dual core, and then decide. The dual core model is far more favored than the single core model is.

The only way that could matter is for games and reviewers always test game performance. For HTPC work MPC HC is going to decode the video just fine single or dual. Hulu still wont work on dual.

Don't listen to Zach, if you're going Ion then forget the shitty single core Atom's. They're just a pile of crap for anything other then straight up office/web browsing stuff.

The only way that could matter is for games and reviewers always test game performance. For HTPC work MPC HC is going to decode the video just fine single or dual. Hulu still wont work on dual.

From what I read, it does work, though w/some hesitation.

Don't listen to Zach, if you're going Ion then forget the shitty single core Atom's. They're just a pile of crap for anything other then straight up office/web browsing stuff.

I know most people in here probably aren't running mythtv, but they are getting great results from the single core atom now that VDPAU is available. No problems handling 720p/1080i/1080p. So I wouldn't exactly say its a pile of crap. For an HTPC it does what you need and once hardware acceleration for flash is available it will do everything you would want from your htpc, besides gaming i guess.

Do HTPCs do much else? besides playing 1080p video (which the ION chipset will do, not the chip)

10.1 Flash will allow GPU support picking the strain off the CPU.

Honestly. you encoding video / playing current gen games on yours?

Back