Acer AL2616WD, i need someone, anyone who owns one of these..

Corc

n00b
Sorry for the diffuse title. But iam in desperate need of help.

I'll try to keep it short and blunt.

i recently bought a Acer AL2616WD http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=20947&vpn=ET.G16WP.001&manufacture=Acer

I bought this monitor mainly to be something to play my xbox 360 on.

So i get it in my mail i hook it up and find that it has this known resolution problem.
I chose the 1080p option in my xbox 360 dashboard. The screen stretches a mile over my monitor and the OSD tells me the monitor is currently only displaying at 1650x1000@60hz.

So i RMA and iam still waiting for it to get back.

HOWEVER iam really really paranoid and nervous at the moment. Because maybe its not just the monitor that was broken, what if its not compatible with my 360 @ 1900x1080.

Thats why iam in desperate need of someone who has a working Acer 26" and is able to play his/her xbox 360 flawlessly on the monitor at highest resolution.

Sorry for the bad language and all

And if iam not clear enough PLEASE dont hesitate to ask.

Please help this poor fella out :( :( :( :(

ok maybe i filtered out too many people in my post.:eek:

lets put it this way

do YOU own an Acer 26" monitor that works?

and

Is it theoretically possible that an xbox 360 wont work on a AL2616 for some reason ( that iam not aware of ) ?:mad:

Thanks in advance

all help is very appreciated

Even if you had the updated model without the resolution issue, it would not be suitable for the Xbox 360 because this monitor does not have a 1:1 option, meaning it will take your Xbox 1080 vertical lines and stretch them to 1200, making the image appear distorted.
This is a monitor for computers that can output a 1920 x 1200 resolution only.

does that also apply to the new AL2623W? I am thinking of buying one in a few months time with the intent to connect it to an XBOX 360 and a new DVD player (type to be determined) as well as my PC.

oh sweet finally some replies :D

well ryan...i for one dont care it the screen is stretched abit ! because that means it still works. Because i once played my 360 on a dell 24" that also filled the screen ( assuming stretched ) and i absolutly loved it. Iam not a perfectionist iam just a poor student that wanted a cheap yet plausible solution to my 360. But atm i dont even have a monitor that works ( still waiting for it to get sent back to me ). So all in all 1920x1200 > nothing

I got AL2623W and it works flawlessly over DVI@1920x1200.
Pixel Mapping is available (but not configureable) and resolution 1920x1080 is not stretched - it's displayed with black bars around it.

Also 720p is supported for PM. I checked id via HTPC, but i think it's not device-type dependand, but the input resolution.

I got AL2623W and it works flawlessly over DVI@1920x1200.
Pixel Mapping is available (but not configureable) and resolution 1920x1080 is not stretched - it's displayed with black bars around it.

Also 720p is supported for PM. I checked id via HTPC, but i think it's not device-type dependand, but the input resolution.

omg thank you for your answer but iam abit confused. Iam not sure about the difference between the AL2616w and the AL2623W, iam new to the displaymarket so iam kinda unsure what pixelmapping is, but does the AL2616w have it? And seeing as you can play 1080p without problem on your monitor shouldnt i then be able to do the same on mine seeing as theyre so closely "related" ? :confused:

And again all the help is so helpful for me in this time of uncertainty.

ps. i just got off the phone with acer and my monitor should be returned to me in a matter of days.

edit: oh dang it, i red your post as " the 360 works flawlessly at 1920x1200 " but it was DVI works at..... :(

:( wow...seriously...acer has the worst customersupport ever.

ive been calling them every work day for a week now and they still insist that ill be getting my monitor "very soon " ....very soon my a**

anyways...

iam aware that iam probably coming across like a wacko bumping this thread when noone answers but what the heck....i could always hope that someone with a AL2616 and a 360 stumbles in here and sets me straight

Sorry for the diffuse title. But iam in desperate need of help.

I'll try to keep it short and blunt.

i recently bought a Acer AL2616WD http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=20947&vpn=ET.G16WP.001&manufacture=Acer

I bought this monitor mainly to be something to play my xbox 360 on.

So i get it in my mail i hook it up and find that it has this known resolution problem.
I chose the 1080p option in my xbox 360 dashboard. The screen stretches a mile over my monitor and the OSD tells me the monitor is currently only displaying at 1650x1000@60hz.

So i RMA and iam still waiting for it to get back.

HOWEVER iam really really paranoid and nervous at the moment. Because maybe its not just the monitor that was broken, what if its not compatible with my 360 @ 1900x1080.

Thats why iam in desperate need of someone who has a working Acer 26" and is able to play his/her xbox 360 flawlessly on the monitor at highest resolution.

Sorry for the bad language and all

And if iam not clear enough PLEASE dont hesitate to ask.

Please help this poor fella out :( :( :( :(
I'll see if I can help you. How are you connecting the Xbox 360 to your monitor? DVI, VGA or component?

I'll see if I can help you. How are you connecting the Xbox 360 to your monitor? DVI, VGA or component?

carlos my angel, ill be forever grateful if you sort this out for me.

iam using the official microsoft vga cabel for the xbox 360 and in such using the vga-port on my screen

did it work on your 360, carlos`?
I don't have a 360. I have a PS3. I was trying to look up info for you to help but I can't find any where if the Acer is HDCP compliant and supports 1:1 pixel mapping.

I don't have a 360. I have a PS3. I was trying to look up info for you to help but I can't find any where if the Acer is HDCP compliant and supports 1:1 pixel mapping.

oh silly me :(

well the 360 can only be used with the vgacable so, and iam not sure if it supports 1:1. But the problems aint that small so to say, my 360 wont work at all @ 1080p on my AL2616 so thats why i made this topic to see if anyone else has experienced this.:(

oh silly me :(

well the 360 can only be used with the vgacable so, and iam not sure if it supports 1:1. But the problems aint that small so to say, my 360 wont work at all @ 1080p on my AL2616 so thats why i made this topic to see if anyone else has experienced this.:(
From what I have read it should work at 1080p. I think others are skipping this thread just because it says Acer in the thread topic. :p

From what I have read it should work at 1080p. I think others are skipping this thread just because it says Acer in the thread topic. :p

yeah ive red some places that it works and some that it doesnt :( dont know what to believe.

And trust me man i swear iam never touching an acer product again, be it a 1100$ monitor ( yeah thats how much i payed for the monitor here in sweden ) or goldplated toiletpaper...:mad:

well one last goodnight bump, the darkness falls and the polarbears strutt outside my window here in sweden..

hope people wont get upset seeing that i bump this thread repeatedly

ah well

take care

well one last goodnight bump, the darkness falls and the polarbears strutt outside my window here in sweden..

hope people wont get upset seeing that i bump this thread repeatedly

ah well

take care
You have polar bears running around your yard in Sweden?

I sold one at my work,but know nothing about it really technical,other then it looked great when we hooked it up to a pc with a 8800 GTX in it,and ran AOE3 on it.I'd send it back and get another if I were you (Another brand of LCD).

I sold one at my work,but know nothing about it really technical,other then it looked great when we hooked it up to a pc with a 8800 GTX in it,and ran AOE3 on it.I'd send it back and get another if I were you (Another brand of LCD).

yeah mate, i did infact send it in for repairs but it will take a while until i get it back so i can test it for myself, thats why iam wondering if there is noone out there with the monitor so he/she could test it ( or has done it already ) so i can sleep well at night:(

sigh...i did hope i wouldnt have to resort to bribery but wth...

anyone who will take his time to plug their Acer AL2616WD to their xbox 360 while chosing the 1080p mode in the dashboard and taking pics of the whole procedure + the monitors osd showing the resolution...

... will get a 100$ from me via paypal..

now...who gets it

last bump....i promise...no more bumps after this...i get it , noone has one sucks to be me etc

/wrists

ha just for the effort i'll give you a free bump. and no, i dont have either the Acer or an XBOX360

Wonder if this is an A-MVA panel (I expect not) or a S-PVA. The 26" A-MVA has some really nice specs > 2000:1 CR and 92% color gamut which aren't being advertised on this Acer. Still, I don't know who else makes 26" panels.

Thought I'd bump this for you as I'm considering getting a Acer AL2616Wd and was wondering about it before I buy.

Back