• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Acer AL2416W

people are too hyped as to how things connect. I bet you won't notice a difference between the monitor being connected via DVI or Analog. I know I can't with my 2005fpw. It's the same thing with serial-ata harddrives came out. "ohhhh.... it's not S-ATA, it's only IDE". I have both in my computer and there's no difference. Just the same that there is no difference between AGP or PCI-E. Nor will you notice any difference unless you're obsessed with 3dmark05.
 
tim-x said:
people are too hyped as to how things connect. I bet you won't notice a difference between the monitor being connected via DVI or Analog. I know I can't with my 2005fpw. It's the same thing with serial-ata harddrives came out. "ohhhh.... it's not S-ATA, it's only IDE". I have both in my computer and there's no difference. Just the same that there is no difference between AGP or PCI-E. Nor will you notice any difference unless you're obsessed with 3dmark05.

This statement is just plain wrong. DVI is a pure digital signal and makes the display much sharper, especially when viewing text.

JPF, Acer also makes a AL2416WD. The "D" signifies that is has a dvi connection. I would recomend that one.
 
Back
Top