Acer AL2051W issues.

Aceharding

n00b
Alright guys, I have a few problems with my acer AL2051.Before I reformated my computer, it worked perfectly. Now it's giving me problems. For one, it seems that the pictures and text are fuzzier than before. Also, when I set it to 1680x1050, if I move my mouse all the way to the right of the screen, it'll pull everything to the left, then if I move my mouse all the way to the left, it'll pull everything to the right. Which gets extremely annoying. I've updated my motherboard drivers, Geforce7600 drivers and still no luck. Tried using all the scaling the Nvidia has in its control panel, but whenever I use it's scaling, it flattens the image like a pancake.

One thing I haven't done yet is installed Acer drivers. When I downloaded the drivers off of Acer's site, all I get are: A cab file, a icm file, and a inf file with no intructions on how to install them. Any help here guys?

That sounds really like an issue with windows or with a videocard driver and not with the monitor.

In order to install the monitor drivers, all you should have to do is to right click on the inf file and select install or something. If that doesn't work, simply update the driver from the hardware manager window, pointing to the inf file manually.

Yeah, I tried right clicking on the inf file and choosing install. But nothing seems to happen. I also tried installing the drivers through the device manager, but it doesn't seem to find the drivers when I direct it to the folder that the drivers are located.

When I go to my display properties, it lists my monitors as Plug and Play instead of the actual monitor name.

I found I had the same problem on my AL2051W and a 7900GS. I fixed it by doing the following (with the latest WHQL drivers from nvidia 162.xx):
  • Go to the nvidia control panel
  • Go to Manage custom resolutions under Display
  • Create a new custom resolution
  • Set the resolution to 1680 x 1050 with 60 hz and 32 bits per pixel.
  • Click Advanced. Under Timing standard change it from Auto to GTF (CVT reduced blank also works - I don't know the difference).
  • Make sure Scaling type at the bottom is set to Display (none).
That should do it. Hit Test to make sure it's okay and apply the new custom resolution.

The older 93.71 drivers didn't have this problem, nor do the drivers under Linux with my 6800.

Back