• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Acer AL2032

jcll2002

2[H]4U
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
3,655
I am drawn to this due to its glossy screen...it being the only 20" screen with that feature. I have a few questions for the owners:

1)how are the black levels?
2) are there any screen door effect, bleeding, or ghosting probs?
3) what is your overall impression.

Also, I couldnt find ANYWHERE what acers/buy.coms dead pixel policy is. Anybody know?

http://www.buy.com/prod/Acer_AL2032...80X1050_800_1_8ms_ET/q/loc/101/201955864.html

Thanks,
jcll2002
 
Quote:
jcll2002 Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus321
Acer AL2032WA

Got mine yesterday. It rules doods!!!!

I love glossy screens and thats the only glossy ws one. Whered you get it from?

PICS + REVIEW!!!




heres a rather poor pic. the image quality is down to my digital camera and not the monitor. well pleased with it. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...uk/PICT0042.jpg

it has plenty of different connections (dvi,vga,svideo etc..) I thought i wouldnt use the speakers but it has a scart socket as well so i'm going to plug in my multi-region dvd player. sound quality is o.k but not brilliant. about as good as you'd expect for built in speakers.

picture quality is excellent, very clear and enhanced by the glossy screen which is extremely bright. I've had no reflection problems even though my screen faces a window. with the main light on in the room its not a problem or distraction either. film playback is o.k through the pc (yet to test separate direct dvd input) again as good as i've seen on any monitor, however colours do appear a little pale.

for gaming it rocks!!! no noticeable ghosting, coulours are very vibrant. half life 2 looks awesome!!! it's also great for use with my xbox360. The pictures nearly as good as on my 26" HD samsung lcd.

overall, i have no hesitations in recommending this monitor. Every aspect of it kicks ass in comparrison to the dell 2005fpw I returned (backlight issues as usual!!!).


I got mine from savabase.com...

http://www.savabase.com/et-l380b-044-p-3393.html



There are no dead/stuck pixels. there is slight backlight bleed in all four corners when you switch inputs and get a black screen but you can barely see this even if you have a black wallpaper in a dark room. The dell i returned was terrible. i could see the bleed on my desktop, in games e.g half life 2 and on my xbox360 even in light coloured screens and was really distracting. THIS IS NOTHING LIKE THIS AT ALL :) and cannot notice it in the slightest.

I havent seen any hint of ghosting or screen door effect either.

my overall impression is that I really find it hard to fault. I spent days reading specs and reviews before getting this and even done my own head in I looked so much! lol


heres their dead pixel policy for the uk:

http://support.acer-euro.com/documents/reports/displaylcd.pdf


by the way it comes with all the cables you need as well (at least for the uk version) dvi, vga, svideo, composite (i think.yellow video connector and audio left and right on the 1 cable) and even a scart lead. it also comes with 3 different power cable connectors.in addition to a uk plug, the other one looks like a usa style 2 pin plug and the other a 3 pin so maybe they ship exactly the same package between countries
 
The us version doesnt have the tv tuner built in but the rest of the needed cables sans the tv cables are included. It has amazing color no screendoor effect everyting is very crisp as marcus said there is a slight x pattern but it not a problem whatsoever no ghosting. I tried to do alot of research on this but finally decieded to pull the trigger and i have been nothing but impressed by this monitor stop worring about it and BUY IT!!! You will not be disapointed. :D
 
Back
Top