• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Acer AL1951B

falcon26

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 21, 2005
Messages
128
I just saw the specs on this lcd monitor. It says its a 6ms response time lcd with an 8 bit panel and a brighteness of 400 cd/m2 and a contrast of 700:1, is this true? Its like $300 which is like the cheapeast 19 inch lcd in its class then...How are acer lcd's anyway
 
I just returned Al1951B to Newegg.

The color is great. Games worked well. It is a really nice looking monitor. The reason I sent it back was because it has a glossy rather than mat screen. Supposedly the glossy screen makes the colors more vibrant. Like I said the color was great. The glossy screen is also very reflective. If you run this monitor in a dark room I think you will like it. If there is any light on at all when you run you will see the reflection of everything behind you. This has as bad or not worse glare than a CRT.
 
Funny the one I'm looking at is a oem from newegg maybe its your :) So aside from the fact it was too glossy for you it was a good lcd? My room is always dark so that's not a problem for me...
 
Wow I paid $369. Oh well they are not charging a restock fee. That one can't be mine I just sent it out yesterday.

Yes, I liked the monitor very much when it was dark. The blacks seemed very black to me. Seeing me play Battlefield 2 on this monitor convinced my buddy that was dead set against LCD to rethink his position on it. I draw on autocad during the day for work. A customer I had at my home office remarked that the color was better than my previous screen (18" viweable KDS crt)

In the "specs" on Acer's site they say the monitor has 16.7 million colors. That is what drew me to it. Now I am learning that the specs can all be horrible twisted lies by the manufacturer's marketing team. So Acer says 16.7 but it is up to you if you believe them or not. I did think (aside from the mirror like screen) that it was a superb monitor.
 
You know what? That may be the monitor I returned. I just checked and they did receive the package already. Wow! I shipped it ground during Christmas time and it got there overnight.

If that is the one I sent back then it is perfectly fine, no scratches, chips or anything.
 
On Acer's website it says it 300 cd/m2 and on neweggs its 400 cd/m2, I wonder which one it is? Also on Acer website it says its 8 ms and on neweggs its 6 ms....
 
I downloaded the manual for the lcd. It does state that its 400 cd/m2 and 6 ms. But it also says its only 16.2 million colors not 16.7 :-(
 
I never downloaded the manual so I never saw the 16.2 million.

It seems like it's hard to get an 8 bit panel and low response at the same time. I was looking at the Samsung 970p but it means I have to shell out more cash and then I still won't know if it's fast enough until I get it in my grubby hands. I don't want to have to send another monitor back.
Like I said before though, the only reason I sent the Acer back was because of the glossy screen. If you like the glossy screens this is a nice monitor.
 
Back
Top