Acer 4K G-Sync Monitor $599.99 FS @ Newegg with coupon

Have the money , don't know what to get ? I'm in the same situation.
Any advice to get this over asus rog swift ?

I have this monitor for 6 months now and left a 4-star review on newegg. I had gotten it for $720 back then so for $600 I think its a great price. For gaming, you'll need at least 4GB VRAM if you want to play games at 4K and max settings. I only use a GTX 760 so I have to lower settings a bit but Gsync helps a lot so you can use a weaker GPU until you can afford a high-end one.

If you want to check out my review I posted it on 10/24 with the same handle as on here.

Have the money , don't know what to get ? I'm in the same situation.
Any advice to get this over asus rog swift ?

If you are on the fence, you should probably wait. The ROG Swift, while awesome, is already ~8 months old (I got it at launch in Aug 2014).

There's already an Acer IPS 2560x1440p G-Sync panel that is starting to hit the market that is getting rave reviews, despite some negatives (IPS glow) but surprisingly does not exhibit the input lag and image retention/blurring you would expect from IPS.

Asus will also be introducing a 4K G-Sync IPS Swift around August timeframe again. Asus was really late in the NA market with the Swift so there may be delays however. I also fully expect them to release another 1440p 144Hz IPS version of the G-Sync Swift since they just released a 1440p IPS FreeSync panel.

This would be more of a deal for someone who was already set on buying this panel to benefit from 4K/G-Sync immediately and wouldn't think twice to sell it at a loss if something better came along. If you are the type that only upgrades 1 display every 4-5 years you may want to wait a few more months, but all these new panels will most likely reset pricing back to that $800 range.

I bought this monitor on day 1 of release. I paid $800+tax for it. I was off for 2 months, FMLA for my new son, so i spent a lot of time on this thing. With GTX 970 G1 SLI, it is an amazing monitor, but I constantly ran into the video memory issue hitting over 3.5gb, and to play most games at 1440p.

I was so frustrated, that the day they announced the XB270HU, i called Newegg (over 90 days after owning it), and asked for return. Took several phone calls, but Newegg, not only let me return it for FULL refund (0% restocking), but also gave me a return shipping label. I have no idea how this happened, as it was over the 30 day return mark and stuff.

I have been using my old 27" Samsung LED for the last 2 months now, and finally the XB270HU shipped, arrives on Wednesday (hope there is no light bleeding).

Again, this is an amazing monitor, but is TN panel, so you have to sit directly in front of it, or colors fade. 4K @ 28" is amazing (only thing available were compressed YouTube videos, that impressed my friends), and some older games, that ran at 4K, mainly World of Warcraft scales really well, but ran into memory issue when 100 people on screen.

P.S. I ordered a Titan X on Day 2 of release, and I am really, really, really happy now. Will wait for Pascal, as this video cards is a monster. GTA5, max everything, caps me at 75fps vsync on this Samsung LED, smooth as butter.

- Goodluck

I have this monitor for 6 months now and left a 4-star review on newegg. I had gotten it for $720 back then so for $600 I think its a great price. For gaming, you'll need at least 4GB VRAM if you want to play games at 4K and max settings. I only use a GTX 760 so I have to lower settings a bit but Gsync helps a lot so you can use a weaker GPU until you can afford a high-end one.

If you want to check out my review I posted it on 10/24 with the same handle as on here.

Thanks for the input mate , I guess il wait for the new hot kitties from asus.
If you are on the fence, you should probably wait. The ROG Swift, while awesome, is already ~8 months old (I got it at launch in Aug 2014).

There's already an Acer IPS 2560x1440p G-Sync panel that is starting to hit the market that is getting rave reviews, despite some negatives (IPS glow) but surprisingly does not exhibit the input lag and image retention/blurring you would expect from IPS.

Asus will also be introducing a 4K G-Sync IPS Swift around August timeframe again. Asus was really late in the NA market with the Swift so there may be delays however. I also fully expect them to release another 1440p 144Hz IPS version of the G-Sync Swift since they just released a 1440p IPS FreeSync panel.

This would be more of a deal for someone who was already set on buying this panel to benefit from 4K/G-Sync immediately and wouldn't think twice to sell it at a loss if something better came along. If you are the type that only upgrades 1 display every 4-5 years you may want to wait a few more months, but all these new panels will most likely reset pricing back to that $800 range.

That changed my mind , I can wait until August since I'm planning on to use this for a long time , so should spend wisely.
Thanks man

@jscheema :
I guess this has kinda bad TN compared to Swift , so il just wait for sometime before I make a buy.

Waiting on IPS. Cant go back to TN peasant tech

Why not?

I had a stunning Dell U3011 The colors were amazing. I sold it, ended up with this. Got it for $550 Acer refurb. The color is good enough for gaming and has much better response and input lag. G-sync is great.

Now if you're watching movies or video editing, you probably don't want this. As a pure gaming monitor. I recommend.

Why not?

I had a stunning Dell U3011 The colors were amazing. I sold it, ended up with this. Got it for $550 Acer refurb. The color is good enough for gaming and has much better response and input lag. G-sync is great.

Now if you're watching movies or video editing, you probably don't want this. As a pure gaming monitor. I recommend.

Obviously, the solution is to have (at least) one of each. :)

Obviously, the solution is to have (at least) one of each. :)

Yeap, I have my 2 IPS flanking my TN G-Sync monitor for web pages, photos, typical low demand slo-mo stuff but my Swift for the demanding stuff like gaming, live TV, works great!

Back