Ace Combat 7 Gets a Launch Trailer

AlphaAtlas

[H]ard|Gawd
Staff member
Ahead of the game's console launch this week, Bandai Namco just posted a launch trailer for Ace Combat 7. As was seen in previous trailers, the game is visually stunning, but that isn't exactly a surprise since previous Ace Combat games typically looked good for their generation. Speaking of the old games, it's pretty clear that Bandai Namco is trying to woo back Ace Combat fans that weren't happy with the changes made in the Assault Horizon series. Among other things, they seem to have brought back the "Stonehenge" superweapon from Ace Combat 4 at 1:18, and they briefly showed the old Ace Combat tradition of making players fly though a cramped tunnel in some missions.

Check out the launch trailer here.

The sky’s the limit. Get ready to pilot the most advanced war planes and engage in intense dogfights in ACE COMBAT 7: SKIES UNKNOWN, scheduled for takeoff on January 18 on PS4 and XB1, and February 1 on Steam!

That was a pretty bad trailer.

All I'm interested in is full VR compatability and from what I've read they've cut a lot of VR out.

Will it have QTE? Because if so, im out. Otherwise it looks fun.

Edit: nvm.

the only game in the series to make it to PC so far was Ace Combat: Assault Horizon. Honestly, it wasn’t much cop – not only did it drop the fun alternate-earth setting in favour of I Can’t Believe It’s Not Tom Clancy boilerplate, but it tried to simplify dogfighting into a pseudo-QTE where you locked your flight path behind ‘ace’ enemies and shot at them while the camera zoomed around and tried to look cinematic. Fortunately there’s none of that here.

I am interested in seeing how it looks and plays on my Phenom II 955 clocked to 980+ levels (bit less wattage as well)
Radeon 7870 which for some reason the clocks with afterburner are all mucked not staying where they should :mad:

Wattman likely would not be any better even now, might be a simple reset of driver etc..I dont wanna lol.

Anyways. if it plays well, with said system 1TB SSD, I will be happy, because likely it will play amazingly on a Ryzen based 7nm when that time comes ^.^

Interested in seeing how many missions, overall length of game without having to be connected to net and/or do MP only maybe there is co-op MP?

the way jet upgrade system works(similar to infinity, but each jet having a screen GUI like 4-5 Zero when it comes to weapon selections?

Yep, I am an early buyer got the best "pack" off the bat, hopefully whatever DLC they bring end up really increasing scope/size of game and stability with performance remains paramount for the dev going forward, always loved ACE games, not sure with the xbox version (do not have one)

We shall see another 22 days at the latest before is installed and ready to play ^.^

I am interested in seeing how it looks and plays on my Phenom II 955 clocked to 980+ levels (bit less wattage as well)
Radeon 7870 which for some reason the clocks with afterburner are all mucked not staying where they should :mad:

you can try, but the min specs for PC are i3-7100 (4 thread 3.9ghz 7th gen) and 750ti that's MINIMUM

Been playing some Zero as of late. For the extra challenge I always enjoy the boss dogfights in an A-10 or F117. Highest difficulty of course. Nothing like air superiority at a top speed of 439mph!

Looking forward to playing this one on PC.

Stonhendge is back?! Let those guns die already! Interesting to see when they were reactivated. It was a great super weapon because the entire story was focused around it. Hoping the Light House is similar. Gave a lot more meaning. The other games of the era like Lethal Skies just popped in super weapons which made them kind of lame. One of the things that made Ace Combat stand out while the others were largely forgotten.

PC release being a few weeks away is killing me.

Going to drop this here since I posted it in the last thread.

I46Qx7q.jpg

Back