ACD under Windows?

Ronco

[H]ard|Gawd
Hiya all.
Are there Windows drivers for the 23" Cinema Display? I'm, getting rid of a couple of my Macs and there's a 23" ACD that I've transplanted onto a PC with a BFG 7900GT OC. Thing is the buttons don't work.

Look for WinACD. It's a sourceforge project which controlls the ACD through the USB connection on it; it should make your buttons work.

The 23" ACD does not work as of yet with the 8800GTX. I believe i've fried my ACD trying to get it to work. It's quite bitter.

In general, I'm ashamed at apple, claiming this display will work with PC's, and not providing any support for it. Never again will I purchase a display from apple.

krizzle said:
Look for WinACD. It's a sourceforge project which controlls the ACD through the USB connection on it; it should make your buttons work.

The 23" ACD does not work as of yet with the 8800GTX. I believe i've fried my ACD trying to get it to work. It's quite bitter.

In general, I'm ashamed at apple, claiming this display will work with PC's, and not providing any support for it. Never again will I purchase a display from apple.

umm...how did you break your display trying to get it to work in windows?

Ronco said:
Hiya all.
Are there Windows drivers for the 23" Cinema Display? I'm, getting rid of a couple of my Macs and there's a 23" ACD that I've transplanted onto a PC with a BFG 7900GT OC. Thing is the buttons don't work.

WinACD is pretty good although on my older 23 inch monitor(from like 2002) it still doesn't work with the power button. Just the brightness button works and that brings up display properties. Got rid of the usb device that was unknown hardware though. Never did get my power button to work. Just have energy star turn off the monitor after a few minutes.

I've noticed that the display never actually sleeps. It's on all the time.

Just downloaded WinACD, works perfectly on the 7900. Thanks. Is it just the 8800GTX it has problems with or are there any other exceptions? Just in case I happen to move it around and connect it unwittingly.

Apart from the machine with the 7900, I have Quadro FX550 / FX4500 / FX5500, Geforce 6600GT / 7900GS / 7950GX2 / 8800GTX on Windows desktops. GMA950 (Dell laptops with the dock DVI), Quadro NVS 110M (Ditto) and Geforce Go 7950 GTX on Windows laptops.

Back