Accessory display from integrated?

Ranguvar

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 23, 2011
Messages
163
I'm getting a GTX 680 soon, and while I don't want to move to multi-monitor gaming, I've considered running another monitor for web and such while there's a game in the other monitor.

I'm well aware that the 680 can handle up to four displays, including one accessory, but could I save a little performance by running the other display off the integrated graphics (HD 3000)?

I can hot-swap between outputs fine, but I don't know if both will run at once.

Thanks!
 
I think it depends on the chipset / mb, lucid virtu does it and I think z68 can also. Most only let you run 1 gpu as the integrated and the pcie share the bus.
 
I have a Z68 with video out, and I know I can hot swap between outputs, just trying to find out if both will run at once for sure.
 
THat's how I'm running my displays now. My primary 24" on my 680 and my secondary 19" on the IGP... Works great. All you're really saving is a few MB of video memory, but since it's there, might as well use it.
 
Most only let you run 1 gpu as the integrated and the pcie share the bus.
songht1.jpg
8.jpg
song2.jpg
song12.jpg
song10.jpg

It works just fine. I promise
 
Back
Top