• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Accessing Hard Drive

pArTy

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 21, 2004
Messages
433
I have a hard drive I pulled out of a computer and I just put it into a external case. I'm trying to get my music off of it. How do I access the desktop on the external drive? I tryed searching for it but I think it might be hidden since I had a password on the computer. I'm really rusty on the computer.
 
Thats not it. Only one thing shows up in that folder and I know I got a lot more on the desktop. Ill try to boot from it in a little bit. I think its not letting me access some of the files since I had it password protected.
 
If you had it password protected, you might be SOL unless you can access the previous install. I lost some files that way once.
 
Which is why I don't keep anything on my desktop. c:\music c:\downloads c:\whatever
 
I believe I had a similar problem when i was still using XP. i believe the solution back then for me was to disable simple file sharing. hope that works
 
Back
Top