• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Accessing bitlocked drives from within a vm?

Kulith

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 13, 2009
Messages
259
I apparently didn't think this through all the way, but I encrypted all my external hard drives using the nifty windows 7 bitlocker tool. They now ask me for a password when I connect them to my windows 7 machine.

But when I try to access them from my Vista VM (VMWare) it just tells me it is unaccessible, access is denied. Or "you need to format this drive before use".

All I did was password protect the drives. Any ides that don't involve removing the encryption?
 
How are you accessing the external drive?

Have you tried setting up that drive as a share over the network on a host computer that can access the drive, and point your VMs yto it?
 
Yeah, a network share is definitely the route you want to go. Just share it in Win7 then mount it in Vista.
 
Back
Top