Access points/wds?

• Thread starter Deleted member 12106
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 12106

I doubt the 100mbit ethernet connection is going to be a limiting factor as you're unlikely to get much more than 100mbit in realistic usage.

pepwave, not wireless n, but o well. has an automesh function, i have deployed 4 and seems great for business.

I doubt the 100mbit ethernet connection is going to be a limiting factor as you're unlikely to get much more than 100mbit in realistic usage.

I am fine with a solid 100mbps when I need to move files, but I want to get to be as quick as possible.

You're going to be limited by the wireless performance before the wired portion.

Well let's step away from the speed then, what units are going to offer the best coverage and data rate?

Right now wifi is weak in my garage.

I'd also like to deploy wifi at work that doesn't suck.

Like one of my users said "The wifi goes in and out like 2 rabbits fucking". It is true.

look at the pepwave units, i put 2 in a house probably on a good acre to 2 acre lot, 1 in each corner of attic covered the entire property, these are the 200mw units

look at the pepwave units, i put 2 in a house probably on a good acre to 2 acre lot, 1 in each corner of attic covered the entire property, these are the 200mw units

Where does one find these?

I'd like to build it into the budget for next year at work, or, at least get a few this year, but I'd thinking i'd want to do 8 units for work. Is there a place that does qty discounts?

Back