Access Point Recommendation?

ptr1959w

Weaksauce
Hi there,

I was wondering what would be a good access point? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

A bit biased as I have not tried any other solution, but I like Unifi ones. They are decently priced but still professional grade. Ex: hand over between multiple APs, vlans, etc. They are also fairly easy to setup.

UBNT 11ac models are still pretty bad compared to 11n and we lack quite a bit of information to give good advice.

@ /usr/home
For 11n they're extremely if you're on a budget/home usage, you're better off with Mediatek SoC if you want 11ac and OpenWRT but it's not as stable as Atheros 11n.

OP, we need more info otherwise this will degenerate into another fanboi war :). That being said, I've had pretty good luck with OpenMesh devices lately. For just single band .11n stuff, the OM2P has performed pretty well in my deployments, and no wacky Java management tool like the Unifi stuff.

Agreed, in and enterprise environment. The OP hasn't specified one way or another.

Buy one of these, connect it to this and attach it with this.

Oh wait, we don't have a budget.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Hi there,
Thanks for the replies..My budget is around $50. I have ordered for a Arris Docsis 3 residential gateway Router TG862G

Hi there,
Thanks for the replies..My budget is around $50. I have ordered for a Arris Docsis 3 residential gateway Router TG862G

EWW... Cablemodem/NATbox all-in-one. Any particular reason? Those things generally suck.

I'll post for Dizzy. Some TP-Link model with OpenWRT.

/thread

It might be fine for the average user, like your parents.
Anyhow,
http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Home-N...ridge-mode-Arris-TG862G-CT/m-p/1500407#M46422 if you want to run your own router later on.
As for AP, at that price range it's kinda hard to find something at all.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...+AP/Bridge-_-Ubiquiti+Networks-_-0ED000500014
or possibly a TL-WDR3600 running OpenWRT which will give you both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz. No fancy GUI however. The UniFi AP only does 2.4Ghz.

Nailed it! :D

To clarify, you can either use the TP-Link as a router or as an AP (without NAT, DHCP etc enabled).

Back