Access: filename appears under inserted image

AceGoober

Live! Laug[H]! Overclock!
Howdy all!

Where I work, Product Engineering uses a customized Access database to keep track of all the components we deal with on a day to day basis. Each component has a spec sheet which contains all the pertinent information about said component: dimensions, weight, material type, material grade, finish type, etc. Also included is one or more images of the physical component, which leads me to the issue at-hand.

Normally, whenever any of my coworkers inserts an image into the form, it should look like this:

Preferred:

32506_Original_Image.jpg

However, whenever I insert an image into the form, the filename is displayed below it in the form window which shrinks the image, making it unviewable:

Non-preferred:

Access_Image_Error_2.jpg

Things that have been done in an attempt to resolve this issue:

- roaming profile has been re-created from the ground-up
- all programs re-installed with default configuration settings (standard process on all workstations)
- Image appears correct in Crystal Reports in same profile, using same database.

I'm still looking for an answer to this problem but thought I would give you guys a shot in-case there is something I am completely overlooking.

Thanks!

do u drag and drop it? or do u use the in menu "insert" option?

Either:

Menu -> Insert -> Object;

or

Right-click -> Insert Object

Both produce the same results.

EDIT: just tried drag-n-drop and it also produces the same non-preferred results.

well that happens to me when i try to insert an image into Word by dragging and dropping it. When i insert the image via the in-menu there is no problem. That happens because i have ACDSee installed, once i uninstall it i can drag and drop the image.

Do u have an image browser or image editor installed? try setting the BMP to be open by "Paint" or "Windows Picture & Fax Viewer" u can do that in windows explorer -> tools -> folder options -> file types -> BMP -> change -> and select the program, in this case i believe the windows default picture browser is Windows Picture & Fax Viewer

No matter which program I set the .bmp to be viewed from the same issue still occurs in the form screen.

Also, whenever I double-click on the inserted image a coworker has inserted, the following error comes-up:

Access_Image_Error_3.jpg

hmm.. that´s strange. Are u using Access 2003 or 2007 ?

Found the solution...

Restoring the .BMP viewer to its default state did the trick.

Thanks for the help. :)

Back