Access database and Outlook(Exchange?)

QwertyJuan

[H]F Junkie
I keep getting asked how to integrate an Access database with our Exchange server, so that all the address(and info) that the secretary has would be access to anyone using the Exchange server. I have told him it cannot be done(as per someone else on here)...

So WHAT is the easiest way for everyone to access an Access database?? The access database has all the information of everyone that the secratery has information for. Others want access to this database.... easiest way possible is better.... interface it with a website?? Actually integrate it into some sort of directory service on the DC??

I have no idea, and am at a loss here...

Thanks.

I don't know about importing it into a contact list, I'd wager there's some method that an Access programmer could do.

But..is the database so large that some secretary can't take the time to manually type the data into a public folder contact list?

I remeber having to do linked DB's for access back in the day, it was a major pain in the ass. Honestly, could you convert it to business contact manager or a much better contact management software? Access really is a pain.

I don't know about importing it into a contact list, I'd wager there's some method that an Access programmer could do.

But..is the database so large that some secretary can't take the time to manually type the data into a public folder contact list?

Ok, what is this public folder contact list you speak of??

run Exchange System Manager -> Administrative Groups -> First Administrative Group -> Folders -> Public Folders

Back