• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Acceptable Backlight Bleeding

mufoxe

n00b
Joined
Jan 15, 2004
Messages
15
How much is acceptable backlight bleeding? Is there such a thing? The reason for me asking is that I've bought myself a nice 23 incher from Philips but it has some backlight bleeding in a single corner. I'd like an assessment of the amount as I'm not sure whether I should accept *any* backlight bleeding at all. Thanks.

150013174_062eba9de9.jpg
 
Its really a matter of personal preference. If you think its too much bleeding, than its too much bleeding. Try to exchange it from where you bought it, or call the manufacturer and see what their willing to do. RMA's for bleeding (even minor bleeding) is not uncommon.
 
I will say it is a lot better than my Sony SDM-P234, which bleeds back light as bad as Dell 2005. Sony said it is normal after have it checked. :mad: My Dell 3007 has a similar one on the left side. It seems that many S-IPS panels have similar issue like that, more or less. My returned 3007 has one at upper right corner, but it is worse than the one that I have.

How worse it is also depends on applications. If you usually use the computer for bussiness application use in moderately lighted room. The bleeding shown in the picture is not noticable. However, if you often watch movie, such as widescreen DVD, on that monitor in the dark, then the bleeding will likely bother you since it is located in the upper black area. I don't know how philips do, Dell do cross shipping, which means you always have a chance to keep a better one.
 
That'd drive me nuts. I'd shoot for a better one.

The more people complain about backlight bleeding, the more likely manufacturers are to start pressing the frames on a little more snuggly and/or sealing them more intelligently.
 
Back
Top