Accelero gtx280 heatsink reviewed

Thing is, will this fit sli? so far from the looks of it.. no

too little too late, I am already looking at my next video card and now they come up with an after market cooler? I can't see it now. Talk to me when the R790 comes out if it allows the older heat sinks to mount

is the gtx280 considered old already? :(

it is, that is what I am bitching about. the GTX285 is new and it should work for it but its still late in the day to be bringing something like this to market. I at least am not going to spend that kind of money for a card that I am only going to hold on to for a few more months at most

I've been waiting on this cooler for a while now, but now that its almost here i'm strongly considering a WC set. :( We'll see what i end up with.

Wish they'd hurry up and start stocking it. Looked all over the net and can't find a US retailer for it yet.

Wonder how quiet this thing is???

Holy cow those are some temp decreases though!!!

Based on that review, the thing is 3 slot wide, no go for sli system

I wonder if it can be ran in sli system with the fans removed and have an external fan blowing on the heatsinks from the end

Hmm... i would give it a shot.
But i still like the fact the stock Cooler takes the hot air out of the case... not just blows it around. I wonder what kind of affect this would have on internal case temps?

man the ac cooler for my 8800gt was like french toast on xmas morning. hopefully this will be cheap like the last one.

I like the cooler on the Palit GTX285. It's not quite the same rear exhaust as the reference design, but it looks like it would funnel more heat out the back than AC's solution (especially with some case fan positive pressure). I'd like to see something with bigger fans, heatpipes, and a lot of surface area like the Palit's or an S1, but shrouded to exhaust out the back like reference.

I don't have SLI, but I do have a 9800GT in the next PCIe slot. Having any video card that close really cuts into the intake path of the GTX285's reference cooler. The angle near the fan seems backwards to me. You'd think it would suck more air in if it were angled back, but I guess it really depends on how much space you have in your case and how the other cards are arranged.

too little too late, I am already looking at my next video card and now they come up with an after market cooler? I can't see it now. Talk to me when the R790 comes out if it allows the older heat sinks to mount
Why in the world consider a card that is only 6% faster than a 4870 and cost a whopping 249USD for what it is? Not even 1/2GB editin will be mutch faster than that but mutch more expensive than even a 285.
I dont want anything that is not at least 15% faster than GTX295 and on singlepcb/singlecore.
THAT is an upgrade worth it, under +10% from a 295 is just not worth the money right now.

Why in the world consider a card that is only 6% faster than a 4870 and cost a whopping 249USD for what it is? Not even 1/2GB editin will be mutch faster than that but mutch more expensive than even a 285.
I dont want anything that is not at least 15% faster than GTX295 and on singlepcb/singlecore.
THAT is an upgrade worth it, under +10% from a 295 is just not worth the money right now.

you are derailing a thread about the aftermarket coolers for the gtx 280s, go away

I think you missed my point, an after market cooler is something of an enthusiast item, most enthusiast change out their cards fairly often, ATI cards have some backward compatibility,they didn't have to wait all this time. I am already looking toward my next card, why would I spend 60 dollars on a card I am getting ready to sell in a few months? no, I am not going to get a 4890, its not going to be that much of an upgrade, but hopefully the 40nm.

Because I'd rather poke my eyes out and hang myself in a barn than install an ATI driver on my system again. This thread is not about ATI vs. whatever, it's about a GTX 260/280/285 aftermarket cooler and that's it, leave it to be just that please.

Holy crap, that thing is ginormous! Looks like it hangs a good inch off the end off the PCB. Gonna need a pretty deep case to get it to fit.

I don't get why it has to be so big. The S1 I've got on my 8800GT keeps that thing down in the mid 40s C even heavily overclocked and under load. I wouldn't think it would take all that much more cooler to keep the 280 cooled.

When do they plan on acctually releacing this? Why does Arctic cooling allways do this? They announce a product then releace it 6 months later when nobody cares. If the HR-03 GTX was in stock at Petra's or jab-tech I would have picked one up by now.

When do they plan on acctually releacing this? Why does Arctic cooling allways do this? They announce a product then releace it 6 months later when nobody cares. If the HR-03 GTX was in stock at Petra's or jab-tech I would have picked one up by now.

Except the HR-03 GTX sucks balls and is worse at cooling than the stock heatsink.

If you're really dead set on the HR-03 GTX, get better sinks for the voltage regulators, because they will overheat with the stock piece of crap plate that is packaged with the HR-03 GTX.

That's why the HR-03 GTX took so long to get to market in the first place, because they couldn't get it to cool that part of the card well enough. Looks like they gave up and just rushed it to market anyway.

Except the HR-03 GTX sucks balls and is worse at cooling than the stock heatsink.

If you're really dead set on the HR-03 GTX, get better sinks for the voltage regulators, because they will overheat with the stock piece of crap plate that is packaged with the HR-03 GTX.

That's why the HR-03 GTX took so long to get to market in the first place, because they couldn't get it to cool that part of the card well enough. Looks like they gave up and just rushed it to market anyway.

The Accelero Xtreme GTX280 suffers the same as the HR-03GTX it cools the VRM worst than the stock cooler, getting way above 110 C :eek:. It does a real fine job the gpu, but the voltage regulators get extremely hot. Check this mini review.
http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=89018

I just installed 2 HR03-GTX with with a VRM kit for the GTX285 and it does a damn fine job, I'll post pics today when I get home, The only issue for me was getting the ramsinks to stick... seems like the stock thermal pads left some kind of oily residue that can't be cleaned off with alcohol.

Any ideas?

I've heard an eraser helps alot. Also I hear that after the vrms heat up a bit the tape sticks much better.

What's wierd is that when I took off my GTX285 stock cooler, there was no goo on the VRMS, seems like the stock cooler only cooled the memory chips and that's it. THe heatsink on the VRMS stuck and is holding just fine.

I think Im going to resort to thermal adhesive (2 part mix kind of thing) to glue the memory sinks on

Back