AC: Unity - $29.99 on Amazon

waderunner

[H]ard|Gawd
For PC

link

Looks like the price good for another 18 hours as of the time of this post.

The game has not been well reviewed by the Amazon peanut gallery. Currently at 2 stars with 87 reviews.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Have the issues that were present at launch been fixed or is the game still a mess?

It's playable now, but there is another patch coming that will hopefully fix the performance side of the issues.

It's 90% there now after 2 major patches, but the day-1 build was in an unacceptable, unfinished state. The fact that they released the first huge patch so soon after release tells me they know they had major issues but went to gold anyways.

All in all, a good game and definitely pretty to look at (if you have the horsepower). The near-constant prods for in-game purchases is the main detraction and really hurts the game, in my view. I would suggest turning off most of the HUD overlays as the screen is comically crowded at default. $30 is more than fair now, I think.

It's 90% there now after 2 major patches, but the day-1 build was in an unacceptable, unfinished state. The fact that they released the first huge patch so soon after release tells me they know they had major issues but went to gold anyways.

All in all, a good game and definitely pretty to look at (if you have the horsepower). The near-constant prods for in-game purchases is the main detraction and really hurts the game, in my view. I would suggest turning off most of the HUD overlays as the screen is comically crowded at default. $30 is more than fair now, I think.

Crossfire/SLI fixed?

Back