AC Revelations PC delayed

Oh....I didn't even realize they were originally slated to come out at the same time. I just naturally figured it would be some time 6 months to a year after console release.

I think every AC game for the PC has been delayed...they are always announced as coming out the same time as consoles and then close to release date they announce a delay...why not just be upfront from the beginning??...but at least when the PC version is released it's usually a premium or deluxe edition with extra content

least the delay is only a few weeks this time as opposed to a few months

It's usually been consoles getting it in November and PC getting it the following March so this is still better than that.

They're probably delaying it to have a french language meeting of execs, the whole gist of which is "How can we compleetly feck zees geme up?"

I own every Assassin's Creed game, and they are all on my PS3.

I'd almost feel unashamed of that fact, except that the PC version in Eyeinfinity looks absolutely GORGEOUS.

A guy named Hydralisk on this forum (i think that's his handle) posted a Youtube video of himself playing Assassin's Creed 2 on PC, and it was showcasing the game in Eyeinfinity, and there's no way any rational person could say that it did NOT look gorgeous.

But then again, there's the Always On DRM, and I will not support that.

I buy it on consoles because I'm paying for a console experience, not a PC one.

Last edited:
Wasn't going to buy it anyway so I'm ok. I have AC 1 & 2 and they just aren't my kind of game.

I own every Assassin's Creed game, and they are all on my PS3.

I'd almost feel unashamed of that fact that the PC version in Eyeinfinity looks absolutely GORGEOUS.

A guy named Hydralisk on this forum (i think that's his handle) posted a Youtube video of himself playing Assassin's Creed 2 on PC, and it was showcasing the game in Eyeinfinity, and there's no way any rational person could say that it did NOT look gorgeous.

But then again, there's the Always On DRM, and I will not support that.

I buy it on consoles because I'm paying for a console experience, not a PC one.

I couldn't play AC2 in Eyefinity. I simply can't deal with how the side monitors looked.

PS: There is no always-on DRM in AC2 or AC:B.

I couldn't play AC2 in Eyefinity. I simply can't deal with how the side monitors looked.

They removed it?? LOL

I had no idea.

I have both games on my PS3 already though.

I own AC2 and unless they patched it out in the last month it had always on DRM before then. or was it an online check at the beginning ?

I think they removed the requirement to be logged in to load your saves... unless I'm not remembering correctly.

I own AC2 and unless they patched it out in the last month it had always on DRM before then. or was it an online check at the beginning ?

It was originally always-on DTM. They changed it months ago to just a single check when you first launch the game. If you lose connection now it won't pause your game.

All of the AC games have been delayed for PC...the upside was they all came with content the console gamers either didn't get (Assassin's Creed Director's Cut) or had to pay for (AC2 and ACB). Hopefully the same will occur with Revelations.

I can wait. Recently got ac2 on pc, as I first played it on x360, Played it in 3d vision and its stunning. Now I'll wait for pc version - ain't going to be satisfied with mere 2d :)

I can wait. Recently got ac2 on pc, as I first played it on x360, Played it in 3d vision and its stunning. Now I'll wait for pc version - ain't going to be satisfied with mere 2d :)

Give Eyefinity a go? Certainly a different experience, but surely just as immersive.

Delayed so it could be integrated with origin game browser. Probably going to try and implement some anti piracy measures.

Delaying PC games is what Ubisoft does. Every game that I can remember from them seems to take the backburner with delays & other crap. I've seen enough marketing of their's to know that PC will always be hidden behind the console versions. It's their state of mind that really ticks me off.

I have been playing ACII for the last couple weeks (have 60 hours racked up so far) and the always on DRM is still there. In fact, last Sunday evening I tried playing the game and I was unable to play due to their DRM servers being down. I tried both AC2 and Brotherhood and neither would connect. I was able to finally play the next day. I was pretty fucking annoyed that I could not play the game due to their stupid DRM though.

Aside from the DRM the game itself is absolutely amazing. I love the fighting and gameplay style involved in the game. Anyways.. I plan on playing through the singleplayer portion of Brotherhood once I finish ACII and then I'll definitely pick up Revalations whenever they release it for PC.

I've been playing the game with NVSurround and it's been pretty amazing in my opinion. The way Ubisoft implemented Surround in this game is perfect in my opinion. The FOV is perfect during the game play portion and then they turn off the side monitors and go to a single screen during the FMV portions of the game. I have a ton of games in my Steam library and haven't played a single game (other then ACII and AC:Brotherhood) that implement NV Surround (or Eyefinity) as well. Trine comes pretty close.

I have a feeling that they might have delayed Revalations so they can implement Surround/Eyefinity in the PC version of the game. Assuming they don't do that during normal production of course.

Here's a link to all my screenshots I've uploaded so far (about 150 of them): http://steamcommunity.com/id/Raezod/screenshots/

I have been playing ACII for the last couple weeks (have 60 hours racked up so far) and the always on DRM is still there. In fact, last Sunday evening I tried playing the game and I was unable to play due to their DRM servers being down. I tried both AC2 and Brotherhood and neither would connect. I was able to finally play the next day. I was pretty fucking annoyed that I could not play the game due to their stupid DRM though.

Aside from the DRM the game itself is absolutely amazing. I love the fighting and gameplay style involved in the game. Anyways.. I plan on playing through the singleplayer portion of Brotherhood once I finish ACII and then I'll definitely pick up Revalations whenever they release it for PC.

I've been playing the game with NVSurround and it's been pretty amazing in my opinion. The way Ubisoft implemented Surround in this game is perfect in my opinion. The FOV is perfect during the game play portion and then they turn off the side monitors and go to a single screen during the FMV portions of the game. I have a ton of games in my Steam library and haven't played a single game (other then ACII and AC:Brotherhood) that implement NV Surround (or Eyefinity) as well. Trine comes pretty close.

I have a feeling that they might have delayed Revalations so they can implement Surround/Eyefinity in the PC version of the game. Assuming they don't do that during normal production of course.

Here's a link to all my screenshots I've uploaded so far (about 150 of them): http://steamcommunity.com/id/Raezod/screenshots/

It is not always-on DRM. It does a check every time you load the game. You're internet and their servers have to be up when you launch. After that it doesn't matter.

It is not always-on DRM. It does a check every time you load the game. You're internet and their servers have to be up when you launch. After that it doesn't matter.

Ok. Either way, when their DRM servers are down and I'm unable to play my game it's pretty fucked up. I expect that kind of thing every now and then when playing an MMO, but to experience that with my single player game is unacceptable.

Regardless, I'm still going to buy the Assassin's Creed games because I love them so much. I have put 60 hours into ACII and only had that DRM issue once, so I can deal with it. If it happened all the time, then I might go so far as to not purchase anymore of their titles in the future.

Ok. Either way, when their DRM servers are down and I'm unable to play my game it's pretty fucked up. I expect that kind of thing every now and then when playing an MMO, but to experience that with my single player game is unacceptable.

Regardless, I'm still going to buy the Assassin's Creed games because I love them so much. I have put 60 hours into ACII and only had that DRM issue once, so I can deal with it. If it happened all the time, then I might go so far as to not purchase anymore of their titles in the future.

Agreed. It's stupid that a server going down will prevent a person from playing a single player game.

I can wait another month if need be. I just hope it doesn't get delayed any further. One way or another, I'll definitely be buying it. AC2 and Brotherhood are among the best games I've ever played.

I played AC 1 and AC 2, but AssBro left me feeling like a needed more. The missions weren't as good, and gameplay just feels uninspired. Also, once you got your team of Assassin's leveled up sufficiently, you basically never did anything.

Maybe I'll finish AssBro off once an for all at some date, but I'm not really encouraged to.

I played AC 1 and AC 2, but AssBro left me feeling like a needed more. The missions weren't as good, and gameplay just feels uninspired. Also, once you got your team of Assassin's leveled up sufficiently, you basically never did anything.

Maybe I'll finish AssBro off once an for all at some date, but I'm not really encouraged to.

Yeah it felt like an expansion to AC2 and not a full game. Maybe if they had spent all the time on the single player instead of the multiplayer it wouldn't have.

Back