AC Adapter question

Rahburt-33

Gawd
My laptop has been taking some severe performance hits whenever I plug it into the wall. I went into the windows power settings and made sure to always run the computer in high performance mode when plugged in but this did not improve my performance at all. Specifically, I'll be playing WoW, and while plugged in, I'll get a smooth 30-40 fps in a 15 man group. Once my battery starts running low and I have to plug in, the FPS drops to unplayable. After some research, I determined that this is due to the wattage on my AC adapter, which is currently rated for 65W. My question is this: what is the highest wattage AC adapter available for my laptop, and would that alleviate my terrible framerate issue?(I have a Lenovo g505s)
Thanks in advance for any input

Is it due to wattage supply or due to heat? I'd much sooner guess that heat from charging a battery and gaming would trigger throttling.

I'd be checking your thermals on the laptop, because when unplugged it won't load nearly as much as it will plugged and that is probably the issue.

Back