ABSPC 6 hour red tag sale.

I was looking at these laptops and they are a pretty good deal without the coupon, with the coupon it's awesome. The only thing is too bad they don't make an A64 lappy with a 17" screen... :(

Heh - I was just shopping there and looking at the Mayhem G3 A64 3700+ (2.4GHz). I saw the promo, but didn't see that it was only 6 hours. Anyone else interested in this model should look at the Uniwill/Super Talent 258KA0 barebone because *I THINK* it is the same machine? So even if you miss the sale, you can probably get this barebone set up like you want for the same price, like at laptops4me.com

I went through the config of the desktop systems they are offering and all I can say is....cold as ice.

SureFire said:
Heh - I was just shopping there and looking at the Mayhem G3 A64 3700+ (2.4GHz). I saw the promo, but didn't see that it was only 6 hours. Anyone else interested in this model should look at the Uniwill/Super Talent 258KA0 barebone because *I THINK* it is the same machine? So even if you miss the sale, you can probably get this barebone set up like you want for the same price, like at laptops4me.com

Hmm, laptops4me looked ok but... Lifetime Rating: 2.86 @ resellerratings. I'll need to keep an eye out for more barebone setups though.

Ptffff comeon remember what forum your on??? the stats on that thing arent that great and you could probabily build the same or better yourself if you had a little time and know-how

Spike said:
Ptffff comeon remember what forum your on??? the stats on that thing arent that great and you could probabily build the same or better yourself if you had a little time and know-how
meh. I really didn't look at what they were offering I just assumed it MIGHT be good if they're only offering it for 6 hours. :p

Mah bad

iLL1 said:
Hmm, laptops4me looked ok but... Lifetime Rating: 2.86 @ resellerratings. I'll need to keep an eye out for more barebone setups though.

One of my co-workers just picked up the Compaq R3470US Notebook at Fry's for $1600. Amd 64 3400/15.4 WXGA/Go 400 GeForce. I was gonna have him pick up one of the 3700's at ABSPC yesterday, but he didn't make it back to the office. 2 other places that are a little cheaper are www.ibuypower.com and cyberpowerinc.com that have the AMD Mobile DTR's up to 3700 w/Mobility Radeon 9700 graphics. May help point someone in the right direction.

SureFire said:
One of my co-workers just picked up the Compaq R3470US Notebook at Fry's for $1600. Amd 64 3400/15.4 WXGA/Go 400 GeForce. I was gonna have him pick up one of the 3700's at ABSPC yesterday, but he didn't make it back to the office. 2 other places that are a little cheaper are www.ibuypower.com and cyberpowerinc.com that have the AMD Mobile DTR's up to 3700 w/Mobility Radeon 9700 graphics. May help point someone in the right direction.

Actually I found a nice place to BYO laptop http://www.rjtech.com/ looks like they have a good reseller rating as well Lifetime Rating: 9.64

Back