• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Absolutley stupid question...(Koolance WC setup)

Calefaction

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 1, 2004
Messages
335
I feel emberassed even asking this. This is my first WC setup, and I don't want to screw it up. I have the Koolance PC3-426L+ dual radiator case, and I am curious about the tubing setup. The included instruction manual is basically worthless. How in the world do I tell which nozzle coming out of the pump is for inward flow, and which is for outward flow? Obviously if I hook it up wrong, the pressure will be wierd and not flow correctly....or am I wrong and it doesn't matter? Maybe I am just confused about how the pump works, but it seems to me that I need to properly connect the tubing so the flow is all in the correct direction.

Please correct me if I am wrong here...I feel like an idiot, but I don't want to chance doing something wrong with so much equipment on the line.
 
Put tubing on both ends, stick the tubing in your bathtub, and power it on. That's how I figured out my Laing D5.
 
Arcygenical said:
Put tubing on both ends, stick the tubing in your bathtub, and power it on. That's how I figured out my Laing D5.

Wouldn't that cause me to get "dirty" water in the loop? Would I have to flush the system after doing something like that?
 
Don't sweat it, it won't make a difference of more than 1 or 2C . This is assuming that you're using Koolance's blocks.
 
if it is a centrifugal pump (most are) the intake is the one which leads to the center of the circle, the outtake is the one which is coming out on a tangent from the circle. Hopefully you remember a little geometry ;)
 
Erasmus354 said:
if it is a centrifugal pump (most are) the intake is the one which leads to the center of the circle, the outtake is the one which is coming out on a tangent from the circle. Hopefully you remember a little geometry ;)
Wasnt that part of Erasmus's Theorem?
 
Calefaction said:
I feel emberassed even asking this. This is my first WC setup, and I don't want to screw it up. I have the Koolance PC3-426L+ dual radiator case, and I am curious about the tubing setup. The included instruction manual is basically worthless. How in the world do I tell which nozzle coming out of the pump is for inward flow, and which is for outward flow? Obviously if I hook it up wrong, the pressure will be wierd and not flow correctly....or am I wrong and it doesn't matter? Maybe I am just confused about how the pump works, but it seems to me that I need to properly connect the tubing so the flow is all in the correct direction.

Please correct me if I am wrong here...I feel like an idiot, but I don't want to chance doing something wrong with so much equipment on the line.
The only thing this will affect is to *slightly* increase the temp of the water going to the cpu. I wouldn't think you'll notice anything really. If you are still concerned just hook it all up for your testing. When you power it on you should easily tell which direction the water is flowing. You want the coldest water going straight to your CPU. Which should be the water coming out of your radiator. Any other questions post back here or call Koolance directly.
 
Back
Top