Absolute most stable mainboard?

mrbobo

Gawd
I went back 5 pages and didn't find anything so I'm here to ask what is (in your opinion) the absolute most stable mobo out right now? I"m looking to put a 2500+ or 2800+ in there, I have no interest in OC, onboard stuff isn't necessary.

Whats your opinion?

I have had good luck with my Shuttle AN35N-Ultra.
I also built a 100 CPU cluster computer for my university (Cassey 0 at the University of Kentucky) consisting of 102 Biostar mainboards using the VIA KT333 chipset, but we bought them more for the price and stability. Other than the ones dammaged in shipping, they have had a low failure rate.

For reliability sake I would stick with top brands. Asus, Abit and so fourth. I have an older MSI board in my Athlon 900 and its been awesome in the stability department.

My Aopen KT400 is the most stable board I've ever had. Never heard of anyone thats been unhappy with an Aopen board.

MSI makes some awesome non-overclocking boards. I have one that used to house my P4, and it was perfect for me, except for unlocked PCI/AGP bridges... I love it more than any ABit or ASUS board I've ever used, the onboard audio is very crisp, has onboard firewire, very stable (I used it for 2 years or so and it never locked up or did anything funny at all). And it cost me, what, 40 bucks? :p

I'd recommend Shuttle without reservation; they seem to consistantly put out a quality product without a lot of features for a very reasonable price.

Really though, if you're not overclocking, most manufacturers make boards that will be perfectly stable at stock clock speeds assuming your PSU can handle it.
I take that back, everyone except PC Chips and ECS.

I would have to say Gigabyte. They do not overclock at all, but are nice performing at stock and very stable. They also tend to have a nice set of features.

My Abit NF7-S has been pretty rock solid. Although it's my 2nd board because the first one I did a bad flash. Amazing how that happened considering they make a program now which does it within Windows o_O
The program said everything was complete and to reboot. I reboot, no post. Whoops Abit ;p

I've built a couple of the Biostar and Shuttle this last few months ... and have not have any problems ... honestly ... if you're not OCing ... there's no sense in getting the top-end boards ... when you can get the same features for cheaper ...

Back