• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

ABS Dark Beret 850?

SomeoneWhoIsntMe

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 13, 2005
Messages
362
Right, so I'm pricing out a new system to replace my aging socket 939 build, and Newegg has a smoking combo deal on this power supply.

Normally I wouldn't go near an off brand PSU, but I see ABS has been rebranding some decent power supplies lately, and it is 80+ certified, if that counts for anything. The single rail thing seems kind of goofy though, is that normal?

So, what's the [H] think? It's selling for $300 with a Radeon 4890, so I'm basically getting it for ~$100. With that in mind, can I trust it to not explode on me, or should I just pay the extra money for a supply from a more reputable brand? I'm going to be running an overclocked Phenom II 955 and a single Radeon 4890, so it won't be loaded *that* heavily.
 
i would do a google search on it.............see if you can get any kind of review/testing on it. me i wouldnt use it but thats just me. not sure who makes there psu's and rebrands them abs.
 
What do you mean "the single rail thing sounds king of goofy?"

Until a few years ago, the 12V rails were always a single rail...then again they didn't push nearly as much current.

I am pretty sure this is likely a new ATNG platform, ATNG makes some decent stuff and some not so decent stuff, like knothead34 said, I would wait for some reviews from trustworthy sites, who do decent tests.

There are plenty of PSUs out there for ~$100 or less that would run your system.
 
Back
Top