• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

abs cyberpower dell?

Kqueno

Weaksauce
Joined
Jul 8, 2004
Messages
98
anyone have pros cons, good review/bad review for me. Im lookin for a student/gaming machine that can run new games descent for about $800 with an LCD screen
 
resellerratings.com is a great place to check for reviews.

Personally I would stay away from Cyberpower. They left a bad taste in my mouth when my friends laptops died (yes plural... 2 friends, 2 laptops). Their CS is also horrible.
 
im trying to find a good site where i can build my own student-gaming PC builder machine for the best price, preferably 600-650 without an LCD screen
 
your not going to get a gaming machine for $600-$650 unless u plan on playing the original doom :)

what type of expectations do u have of this gaming rig? what games? and their are better places to buy from
 
to be honest i doubt there are any oems that would give u a gaming grade pc for the price you want.
 
I purchased 2 computers from cyberpower. They are okay but thats because my motherboard died and my other PC tended to crash a lot but I think that to do with heat (bad desk enclosure, no circulation) but I think we replaced the video card and I think we have it underclocked LOL! But haven't bothered putting it back up to stock. Anyway, there CS is okay but I would go with someone else if I were you, just safer.
 
$800 - u might be lucky to get an "okay" dell system with a free 17"LCD upgrade
 
I would avoid Dell. ABS is probably the best choice if you want great customer service because we all know how great newegg is.
 
It will be very hard to find a "gaming" pc at that price point that has decent gaming performance. Check out PC Club's $499 Enpower Nitro 4. PC Club had a good [H] system evaluation. You will most likely want to upgrade the base configuration since the $499 price does not include a CD or DVD drive. Also check out the ABS computers listed within Newegg. Either way, you will most likely be stuck with integrated graphics.

PC Club: http://www.pcclub.com/systems_configurator.cfm?type=Desktop&bomid=EN-NI4

Newegg ABS: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...&description=&srchInDesc=&minPrice=&maxPrice=
 
Definitely ABS (if I had to choose from those three).

Personally if I were to ever buy a pre-built pc I would definitely go with Monarch Computers.

Have you looked at Hypersonic ?
 
im also looking for a place that will setup a custom rig and monarchcomputer looks nice
 
Well, I've bought 2 cyberpower machines also, and didn't really have much of a problem with either. The onboard nic died in the desktop I bought but that was quickly replaced by cyberpower. However, the customer service was so-so. I was talked to like I was an idiot when I already knew what the problem was. I understand they have to troubleshoot with alot of morons, but I've done tech support for a long time. You should get a feel for what kind of customer your talking to within the first couple minutes. Anyways.....

I understand Dell's tech support is in India. Since I have a.) had my tech support job out sourced to India and b.) had the absolute WORST customer services experiences in my life with support from India, I do everything in my power to stay away from any company that has out sourced to a foriegn country (it's harder then you might think). Its bad enough you can't understand alot of what they are saying, but alot of times, I don't think they understand what we are saying.

I haven't had any personal experience with ABS, but I've heard thier customer service is top notch. I had a friend who had one of thier laptops and he never had any complaints.


Bottom line, if I was shopping for a machine, out of those three I would probably give ABS a shot.
 
I own a Cyberpower system. Bought it about 2 years ago and have had no problems. The wiring is a bit sloppy, but everything works great. Perhaps I just got lucky.
 
i recently talked to sterling at monarch and he definitely convinced me to go with monarch. I mean ill know theyll be there for me when hes kissing his children good night while hes on the phone with me, talking about the products with him fully knowing that I wasnt going to purchase then. Also, he wouldnt get a commision.

BTW, its alot harder to get someone to post their positive experience rather than their negative experience. Just somethinig to think about.
 
I am not a Dell fan but sometimes, if your timing is right, you can get very sweet deals that make you forget you are buying a system with obvious shortcomings such as lack of overclocking options. As I said, sometimes you just can't believe how little they ask for systems that are quite decently configured. If you can buy at the right time, Dell might not break your budget and you might even end up with a geforce 6800 graphics board to play games with.
 
jcll2002 said:
i recently talked to sterling at monarch and he definitely convinced me to go with monarch. I mean ill know theyll be there for me when hes kissing his children good night while hes on the phone with me, talking about the products with him fully knowing that I wasnt going to purchase then. Also, he wouldnt get a commision.

BTW, its alot harder to get someone to post their positive experience rather than their negative experience. Just somethinig to think about.
Sterling is the brother of Trey, the president of Monarch.
 
Back
Top