ABS Aplus Black Pearl Case $89 shipped

I'd like to move the server into this one, just because the HDD mounting is better / more room I think than the rocketfish, but I beat the shit out of the rocketfish (It's probably worth about $50 now) and don't wanna have to baby this one...

So it will be saved for some kind of build in the future... maybe a friend comes to me with a couple grand and wants to build something ridiculous :D Or something like that...

I'd like to move the server into this one, just because the HDD mounting is better / more room I think than the rocketfish, but I beat the shit out of the rocketfish (It's probably worth about $50 now) and don't wanna have to baby this one...

So it will be saved for some kind of build in the future... maybe a friend comes to me with a couple grand and wants to build something ridiculous :D Or something like that...

Or you can always use it as a modding project.

I mean, a benji isn't a lot for computer parts.

:p

Yea, who knows, atleast it's ordered and on it's way... I know I can resell it without losing any money, so I'm not really concerned...

Grr, I couldn't hold back on this one. Looks like I have a new project for the next month or so :D

It was supposed to go until the 17th. Sold out a few hours ago though. Got mine last night, and it arrived today. I love free 3-day shipping that works just as well as overnight :D

If I hadn't just bought a HAF 922 the other day (to help lower temps on my CF setup), I would pick one of these up. Problem is, I'm going to the HAF from a V1000 which I wasn't happy with gpu temps with, so basically I'd still be in the same boat.

It's a great deal though.

So I had initially planned to get a Lian Li x500b, but could not pass up this deal as the x500 was gonna cost ~ $240-280, and hey, this is only $89! Sure I'll save $200 on a v2000b, from a x500b.

For this build I had also planned on picking up a new HDD, card reader, fans and cpu cooler. I want this build to be very quiet (and relatively cool.) The case sale spurred me to act on all these urges, and I have been hemorrhaging money since :p

Here is the damage:

$89 turned into $342 fast haha :p Actually would have been way more w/ the x500 build, the only thing extra I got for the case is a new smoke black window for it to replace the mesh.

Again: Thanks OP - I blame this on you :p

I plan on getting the inside powder coated in town in the next month; either glossy white or black... maybe matte black. I might have to make a worklog thread, as I move from my broken-ass v1000 into hopefully its new home for the next several years (Lord knows the case has room to grow in.)

Last edited:
snip..
$89 turned into $342 fast haha :p Actually would have been way more w/ the x500 build, the only thing extra I got for the case is a new smoke black window for it to replace the mesh.

Again: Thanks OP - I blame this on you :p

Glad to be of service :D

This is an addictive and expensive hobby. The rate at which I keep spending money buying computer stuff I figure I'll be working till I'm 70 before I can retire.

Now I'm debating whether to buy a second one (A+ case) just in case I need another one down the road. Its a disease, and it feeds off of forums like these. Maybe we need to start some kind of support group like ComputerAddicts Anonymous and have e-meetings twice a week or something.

Last edited:
I like how all the pics in the review are outside in the grass. (is this case too big to review indoors ?) :D

Yep, in the review it says the dimensions were too big for the indoor picture taking setup, and outside was the only place they could get good light to film with.

soooo hard to justify this. I just bought the ATCS 840 and it's pretty much perfect. This is such a good deal ... must resist ....

Looks like it has incredible air cooling if you simply add a few fans.

Ive heard this case is designed for water cooling and while its most certainly nice there are better air cases out there.

Once you add 2 top fans and make the rear fan an exhaust, the case is actually pretty good on air. Yes, it is designed for watercooling, but the main reason to get this case at this price is because the Lian Li version retails for around $300, and this is really nice quality for the $90 price tag.

It should.

I mean, I have the original Scythe Ninja Rev B. Cooler and it fits my NZXT Apollo Case.

I'm curious, what is 6% Cashback? And how does it work?

the problem with the original V1000 and V2000 series is the mid-plate is so close to the bottom of the motheboard, often times heatsinks hang over the edge of the motherboard, so it just won't fit. in the normal orientation... Wcing would be fine tho...

It should.

I mean, I have the original Scythe Ninja Rev B. Cooler and it fits my NZXT Apollo Case.

I'm curious, what is 6% Cashback? And how does it work?
Sign up for a Bing cashback account, or just sign into Bing using a windows Live ID. Then you find the store you want to shop at in their list, click the appropriate link and it'll take you to the merchant (in this case Newegg). Using that same window you browse for the product, then purchase it. You'll soon see a confirmation in your Bing account. Make sure you configure it so Bing deposits the money in your Paypal account because i don't think they send checks anymore (?)

Now if you wanted to use Bing on ebay it would be a little different. For ebay purchases you type a product into the Bing search page, in this case i'll use "Atari", then on the results page you should see a banner AD at the top, bottom or right hand side of the page saying "Ebay.com, you may get 12% off with Paypal if eligible". Click that banner ad and it'll take you over to ebay. Once you're on ebay you can purchase any "buy it now" item (and not necessarily the Atari). Do not close the window otherwise you have to start over again. Once you find the product you want, click "buy it now" and on the first page it ought to tell you the amount of cash your saving with Bing, if you don't see the discount then something either went wrong, or the product didn't qualify (rare).

Sometimes the payout is instant, especially with ebay purchases, other times you have to wait 60 days for it to be deposited into your paypal account, it's been pretty foolproof and rock solid though, unlike mail in rebates.

Many of us have saved hundreds, even thousands, using Bing. There used to be a 35% discount on ebay, we were all having a field day :D

Ah thanks.

9 Dollars though? That doesn't really mean much to me.

But anyways,

I just bought the case.

I was looking at it for a day and half comparing and it seemed really idiotic to pass it up!

the problem with the original V1000 and V2000 series is the mid-plate is so close to the bottom of the motheboard, often times heatsinks hang over the edge of the motherboard, so it just won't fit. in the normal orientation... Wcing would be fine tho...

Thanks, I think mine should work then since the heatsink comes close, but does not hang over at all.

Anyone have recommendations of what fans to get for this bad boy and where to put them? I've never added fans to a case before. I have two GTX280's right now and may add a third.

Ah thanks.

9 Dollars though? That doesn't really mean much to me.
!
$9 here, $20 there, $6 yet again. It adds up in no time.

Just this past weekend i racked up $35 in my Bing account off small purchases alone. All it took was a few extra clicks, now i can treat myself to a freebie or get a nice $35 discount on another product (and i'll use Bing on that product as well) :p

That reminds me, i need another external hard drive enclosure...

oh yea, enjoy your new case :)

Thanks, I think mine should work then since the heatsink comes close, but does not hang over at all.

Anyone have recommendations of what fans to get for this bad boy and where to put them? I've never added fans to a case before. I have two GTX280's right now and may add a third.

Scythe S-Flex's should do you some good.

Unless you want LED Fans...

$9 here, $20 there, $6 yet again. It adds up in no time.

Just this past weekend i racked up $35 in my Bing account off small purchases alone. All it took was a few extra clicks, now i can treat myself to a freebie or get a nice $35 discount on another product (and i'll use Bing on that product as well) :p

That reminds me, i need another external hard drive enclosure...

oh yea, enjoy your new case :)

I tend to forget about it, especially when it was 2.5% I wasn't going to bother on a $40 purchase.

But when we bought a $800 laptop I made sure it worked ;) cause that's $20 ...

Generally for anything less than $100 I don't make an effort, usually cause I forget.

I did get 15% cashback on my i7 purchase from Tigerdirect though, that's close to $150 I'll be getting in a few days.

In for one as well. Looks like its shipping out of NJ. I guess no next day for me, i live in memphis

I really shouldnt be buying stuff like especially when college is starting in a few weeks.

Back